First Love

|Chapter 73|Joshie|

I woke up ready for the day and finally happy after weeks of feeling like shit.

I still can't believe Asen is my boyfriend!

I felt myself grin widely as I grabbed my phone and sent him a text.

[Me]:

Good morning :)

Knowing he was probably still sleeping I got ready for school and went downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Someone's in a great mood," Mom smiled at me.

I blushed, "Well the weather is good today, and I had a good night's rest."

"And you have a boyfriend," she winked.

"And I have a boyfriend!" I happily repeated.

"Oh to be young and in love," Mom said in a sing-songy tone.

"Come on Mom, being young doesn't matter. Besides, aren't you in love too? What was his name again? Leonard?" I rose an eyebrow at her.

She slightly turned red, "Maybe."

"I'll take it as a yes," I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Oh, joshie dear don't make your mother shy!" She giggled.

Today is going to be a good day. I'll make sure of it.

•••

|Asen|

I woke up refreshed for the first time in a long time.

Today Mom and Dad made an appointment for me to get in contact with a therapist. They wanted to do it as soon as possible since it may take a few days or weeks before I actually start therapy.

I grabbed my phone and there was a message from Joshie.

[Joshiebeans]

Good morning :)

I smiled and held my phone tightly.

He's actually my boyfriend...everything that happened yesterday was real...

[Me]:

Good morning Joshiebeans :>

After sending that message my phone turned on battery-saving mode which made me realize that I forgot to charge it last night.

"Aw man," I sighed while plugging it then went to get ready for the day.

•••

After my usual morning routine, Mom and dad called Mikey and I downstairs to eat breakfast together. This was rare since Mom and Dad are usually at the dance studio by this time. Luckily today they closed since we have plans later.

I sat down and immediately dug in.

"Hello family," Mikey finally walked in and sat down looking at me.

"Morning," I greeted weirded out that he was staring at me.

"Good morning Mikey," Mom sweetly answered setting down her orange juice.

"Sleep well?" Dad asked taking a sip of his coffee.

"Yeah, got my eight hours," he finally turned his attention to someone else. It didn't last though, because he went back to looking at me right after.

I gave him a 'what?' look and he seemed to take that as a green light to ask what has been on his mind since he sat down.

"So...how's the boyfriend Ace? I think I heard you giggling to yourself last night," Mikey casually asked while mom choked on her juice and dad's eyes went wide.