Nightmare

|Chapter 36|Asen|

Joshie was walking ahead of me and I was struggling to catch up.

"Joshie! Joshie wait!" I grabbed his hand and he turned around. "I have something I want to tell you."

He looked at me, waiting for me to say it.

"I..well, um, I-I recently have come to the conclusion that um, I...I'm in love with you!" I finally admitted, feeling my face burn up.

There I said it. Now all I have to do is wait for a response.

I looked up at him and he had a face of pure disgust.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn-"

"As if I'd ever like you, can't you tell that you're annoying? Ugh," he turned around and started running away.

"Joshie...wait!" I tried to chase after him but he was too fast. I fell to the ground trying to catch my breath. I huffed and wheezed.

Why is it so hard to breathe? Why do I feel so horrible? Why does he hate me?

My eyes grew hot and I could feel my tears fall out onto the floor.

Why does everyone hate me...? What did I ever do?!

"Joshie..." I sobbed.

I suddenly woke up in tears gasping and drenched in sweat.

•••

Okay, so then maybe I'm not in love with him, but then why do I feel this way towards him? What if I am in love with him?

After the nightmare I had, I began questioning if I really was in love with Joshie. Being rejected by the dream him was so horrible that I was afraid to be in love with the real him so I was trying to find a logical explanation as to why I believed I was in love with him yesterday.

You know what? I accepted being in love with him yesterday at night, maybe the high of the night was what confused me. It could be that because everything is a hundred times more exciting at night time, I mistook the way I felt towards him with the emotion of love. Maybe all I needed was a good night's re-

The door to Joshie's house opened removing me from my thoughts. He walked out while putting on his backpack and fixing his hair. When he noticed me, he waved at me.

I froze and my face slowly began heating up.

Nope, I'm in love with him. This is not good at all...fuck.

He gave me a strange look.

"Oh! Uh, h-hey Joshie!" I forced a smile on my face and began walking with him following beside me.

What do I do? What do I do?! I'm terrible at keeping secrets! What if I give myself away? I can't let that happen!