Hope

Shehry's POV.

My hand felt some hands on it. Before I could look back I was pushed down to my right.

The gunshot came on. I thought of everything that came in my mind. I didn't hear any other sound of falling behind me, like Areeba's.

I looked back and widened my eyes. Areeba was shot.

Me:''Areeba!'' I yelled.

I stood there frozen, unaware of what to do. She was also frozen of the shot.

Before she could fell to the ground I opened up my mind and ran towards her and held her in my arms.

Areeba: "Kuch nai Shehry. Sirf Haath
pe laggi hai."

Areeba's POV.

Before I could fell to the ground because of too much pain that was in the shot, Shehry ran towards me and grabbed me. I looked at his eyes which were scared for me.

Me: ''Kuch nai Shehry. Sirf Haath pe lagi hai." I said assuring him.

But he still didn't look convinced.

Shehry: "No. You're not okay. It's hurting badly to you I know. Why did you have to do this? Why couldn't you jump early?" He said out.

'Sorry Shehry. I love you that's why I just couldn't. I don't know how to explain this to you.'

Shehry's POV.

She was thinking of something to say.

'I just can't... I don't know what else to say Areeba. I just can't see you like this. You are my friend, maybe we are beyond friends. I don't know what...'

I suddenly remember Sahil. He was no where to be seen nor his mens. Looking back at Areeba, who was still in my arms, I noticed something hidden. I just couldn't tell what.

Me: "You can walk right?"

She left out a small giggle.

Areeba: "Mr. Shehry. I'm okay. It's only the arm not the legs."

Me: "Dont talk like this. Dont say that. Tum teek hojao ghi."

I helped her get up and touched her near where the shot was. She let out a soft gasp in pain.

Me: "Sorry."

Areeba's POV.

My arm was hurting in pain. But I didn't that be the problem now.

We know Sahil and his men are near and they will probably try to attack us again.

We walked several more miles in the forest trying to find the way out. But no sign of help anywhere. The day is about to leave and evening will take over.

After all those miles I am giving up. With so much humidity and the pain, I sat down under a tree. Shehry noticed me not following him and came to me.

Me: "Bas. I cant walk anymore." I said and he sat with me.

Shehry: "Dont worry we'll reach. And you will be also fine."

Me: "Im not worrying about that. Im worrying what if he and his men come back and attack you this time. I dont want anything to happen to you.."

A few seconds of silence passed.

I looked away and became silent and reminded myself to not utter any more words. A few minutes passed. Sleep was going to take over me.

Shehry: "Idea!"