Funeral

Areeba's POV

There were some familys in there related to Shehrys and some from ours like my phupi(Dads young sis) and her 3 kids who are my younger cousins.

There were blanket type long sheets for us to sit seperated by girls and boys sides.

I sat besides Hafsa in between of those two of my phuppis daughters. I wasnt really close to them in relation cause they are very annoying. I just didnt really like talking to them. The last time I met them was 3 years ago. And I wasnt really expecting to meet again.

The duaa went on for 30 minutes till they said it was time for the body to go. 4 strangers held on to the handle of the slate bed and took the body to the back side of the funeral home and boarded the body in a big car and set off for a little cemetery made for muslims.

Everyone sat on those white sheets and talked about god and how people die etc for 15 minutes, and it was getting late almost 8:00.

We heard a voice of a stranger man telling everyone that dinner was ready. It was about 35 of us in that medium sized hall. The food line was also seperated by gender. I got my fav dish and I followed Hafsa to a table of 4 where we sat alone till Shehry and Hussain came.

Shehry: "Can we sit with you."

Me: "Sure..." I said, I mean I dont like boys but I didnt want to seem rude too.

Shehry: "So what are you studying?" He asked as he ate.

Me: "Im studying medical. And I finished college this year."

Shehry: "Nice. I also finished college this year. How old are you."

Me: Im 24.

Shehry: "Me too turning 25 this August."

Me: "Oh."

'So he is only 3 months older. Lekin mujay kya lage?'

Hussian: "What about you. What are you up to." Hussain asked Hafsa.

Hafsa: "Im studying the same thing." She forced out a smile.

Hussain: "Oh. How old are ya?"

Hafsa: "23"

Hussian: "Im 23 too." He said.

This was now getting awkward telling our ages so I decided to change the topic.

Me: "Are you guys new here. I mean I never seen you guys in Springfield." I asked eating my food.

Shehry: "Yeah we just moved here 2 weeks ago."

Hussian: "We will live here forever."

Me: "What work you do?" I asked Shehry.

Shehry: "I havent started yet but im planning on starting next month. I got some job offers and Im thinking of taking one."

Me: "Oh." Thats all I managed to say.

We kept on having conversations while eating. We finnaly ate and it was time to go home. Most of the other familys went, leaving my family and Shehry's family.

Shehry's POV.

We kept on having short conversations durring dinner. It was nice talking to Areeba actually. She is pretty too.

The way she smiles and talks I just get knots in my stomach. Dont know why. What are these feelings? Im not sure.

We finnaly ate dinner and most of the familys went, leaving my family and Areeba's. I looked at my watch to find 8:30.

Dad: "Ok we will leave now". I heard my dad say to Areeba's dad.

I looked up to see Areeba at the other corner of the hall siting with Hafsa. I went up to her followed by Hussain. Who was OMG blushing. I dont know why. I reached Areeba and stood in front of her. She raised her eyes on me and stood up with Hafsa.

Me: "Its time to go."

Areeba: "Oh. Lets go Hafsa." She walked with Hafsa as I stopped her.

Me: "Wait." I said to her.

She turned around and looked at me. Hussain just staring at Hafsa as I noticed blushing and making goggly eyes. I signalled Areeba what was going on with Hussain and Hafsa while they were lost in their eyes. We chuckled under our breaths after noticing that. I waved in front of Hussains face as she did too in front of Hafsas face.

Areeba: "Chal Hafsa. Where are you lost?" I heard her ask.

Hafsa: "Nahin kuch nahi."

Hafsa walked away to go out followed by Hussain. Areeba was also going out so I sped up to her.

Me: "It was nice meeting you."
She half smiled.

Areeba: "Same."
We reached out to our cars.

Me: "Bye... Bye Areeba."

Areeba: "Bye."
She half smiled again. Our moms were still out of the cars giving last hugs and talks. I opened the window to call my mom cause it was geting late.

Me: "Mama! Chalo."

Then I looked at Areebas car and she opened her window to call her mom too.

Areeba: "Mama chalo!"

I was just watching her. I dont know I get lost in her everytime I see her. She saw me watching her; actually sort of like staring. Her mom sat in her car and my mom sat in our. She still waved her hand to say bye to me while I did the same. Then we went home...

_____________________________________________

Hello!

How was this chap?

Plz keep voting and commenting and keep reading.

And those of you who cant understand Urdu then plz tell me

Take care

:)