32: Two Roads

We return to the Leaf and I head straight home after stopping by the Hokage's office.

I was about to enter the house when I jump onto the roof, "Kakashi? What are you doing here?"

He looks at me, "Minato-sensei has me watching over Kushina while she's pregnant. Being pregnant can weaken the seal on the Nine Tails." I look at him and I smile.

"Kushina's pregnant! She'll make a great mom."

I wish him good luck before jumping back down and making my way inside. "Kushina!" I yell out into the kitchen as I pull off my shoes.

"In the kitchen!" I run over to her.

"You're pregnant!" I smile at her as she impulsively touches her stomach.

"I am," she smiles before looking at me, "wait! Who told you?"

"I heard a whisper." She smiles as I tell her she'll make a good mom.

"Wait! I have the only spare room." I say and she looks at me as her smile freezes.

"You'll have no nursery if I stay." I speak without processing.

She stops me, "Yuki no. That's what the office is for. We're going to turn it into a nursey," I look at her.

"But that's too far, your room is upstairs." I look at her.

"Its alright, you can have my room." Kushina stops me but I cut her off.

"Really its fine, This is the perfect push I need to finally go and stay with my dad. I'll stay with him till I save enough money to get a place in town. I'll teleport from there to here with a marked Kunai."

She tries to talk me out of it but I don't let her, "Kushina if you don't mind I would really like to help you decorate the nursery."

She looks at me with a bittersweet smile, "Yuki if you think the study is too far we can just switch your room with the nursery. If you move into the study you'll have more space too." I smile at her and thank her.

"Minato will be sad if you move out. He sees you like a little sister, you know." I smile and tell her he's like a brother to me.

"I'll take the study but I'm still going to go spend the majority of my time with my dad," Her smile wides.

"Of course!" I spend the day cleaning out the study and moving everything into scrolls before moving my room to the first floor. I set up my room in the study and keep my old room cleared.

That weekend it I teleport to the Senju village. I teleport to my uncles house, whatever I was standing on breaks and I fall to the floor. "Ow."

My dad and his brother come rushing in, "I asked to put the kunai on the floor for this reason. I told you I'd be using it to come here." I rub the part of my skull that connected with the floor.

"Ritsku!" I look up and see my dad walking up to me, I smile at him and ask him if the offer to live with him still stands.

"Of course! My brother has even helped me build a house. Here on his property so you can move in whenever." He says and I tell him I can move in now.

My dad smiles and tells me to follow him. "We'll be helping Sabirama with the field work and even work in town too." I nod as we walk to his newly built house.

"There's a bathroom downstairs, living room, dinning room and kitchen. And there's two bedrooms upstairs. One bath upstairs too. We installed pop out windows because I know you've always liked really nice views and your room has a view of the forest." I thank him and we head upstairs.

I spend the day setting up my room, my dad had made furniture for the room so all I had to do is find a mattress.

I put away clothes and tools as my father and his brother bring in the mattress. I painted my room a soft pastel green to go with the light color wood.

"Ritsku?! Come down and meet your cousins." I put down my scrolls and walk down stairs.

"Ritsku this is Isoama, Ikaruma and Shiori." I smile as Shiori who was my age walks up to me

"H
i Ritsku." I tell her hi and she asks me if I've been into town.

She offers to take me so I can buy things for my room, I thank her and my dad tells me to be back by dinner. I nod and I follow Shiori into town.

"So you lived in the Leaf before today?" She asks and I nod.

"Yes, I've been at the Leaf since Uzushiogakure was destroyed."

She looks at me curiosity, "so hows it like living in a big village?" I smile.

"Okay, they're a lot of food options and many stores to shop at, and there's always someone to talk to, so things always go by quickly and there's a lot of training grounds everywhere so you'll always see shinobi training or kids running around, it's real calm and relaxing, everyone just goes with the days flow."

She takes in every word, I think she's curious about the life I life at the Leaf.

"What about here?" I ask her and she sighs.

"Truthfully, same old same old. The village is split into two, those who still train as shinobi and those who rather work mundane work. Most go for the ladder, it's more of the young who train as shinobi, and some of the elders train the young. It's to help those who travel with supplies alive and able to protect themselves if anything crosses their path," I nod.

She smiles at me, "do you do Shinobi work?" I nod and tell her I've been going on missions since I was seven.

"I was a really fast learner," she smiles and asks me to tell her more. I tell her about my D-rank missions and my C-rank missions. She laughs at them and says it must be because I was still a kid and in training.

We shop around a large store, and I find all the things I like to decorate my room.

"Come on let's get back my mom, is about to start dinner and she's an amazing cook," I nod as we pay.

I pull out a scroll and seal away all the things I buy, "how?"

"Fuinjutsu, it's a Uzumaki trade mark of sorts. The woman I was living with, Kushina was an Uzumkai and she taught me about my clans skills," Shiori nods as I put the scroll away.

"Uncle! We're back!" Shiori shouts into the house.

"No ones here, they're all outside," Shiori looks at me and I tell her I am able to sense their chakras so I know where they are.

We go up to my room and she helps me decorate my room, "Ritsku! Shiori! Come down, foods ready!"

I walk out after Shiori, there was a large table outside, "what's this?" Shiori asks.

A woman with tan skin, and dark brown eyes and straight hair smiles, "it's a feast in honor of Tarisama and Ritsku." She smiles at me and I smile back and I thank her.

My father walks up to me and hugs me over the shoulder, "you hungry?" I nod and Uncle Sabimara tells us to sit so we may all eat.