16: In The Mist

A year passes with the camp by the edge of the waterfront only growing, four different units were alternates between this camp and the camp down the water near a port town.

In the last year I've been returned once, sox months ago, for a whole week, I and a small unit of five we're to return to the Leaf to pick up supplies, I sealed the crates in scrolls so we were able to return with a year's worth of supplies.

Sensory, Earth and Water Style ninjas filled the camps outer defenses. The three tunnles in always had two ninjas on guard, and each corner of the underground base had at least one sensory ninja.

"Yuki you ready it's our turn for patrol?" I look up from my cot and see Ryko by the room opening. I nod and follow him out.

"Do you think they'll let us go home soon?" Ryko asks as we make our way above ground.

"I hope so, I miss a having a real meal. Even if it's just for a week to pick up supplies," Ryko nods in agreement. In the last year, Ryko has grown a head taller than me, his thin frame not changing though.

Eiji too has gotten taller, I who used to be taller than them have been left behind at their shoulders.

"Come on you two." Ryko brushes Eiji off by telling him we're early and the last patrol hasn't returned.

I stop when a horrible feeling comes over me. "Someone is here. No not someone, it's many, too many and they have no intention of hiding, warn the others." I call out as I send chains through the ground and enclose the camp, at the very least it must be spared.

I pull out a kunai and leave it at my feet and teleport across the camp perimeter. There were mist ninjas hiding in the trees.

"Earth style: Earth coffins." I crush them all before moving on. A warning siren goes off as I dodge a thin sword.

"It's not easy to dodge Nuibari," I watch as he pulls it back with a wire. I step back and I notice the wire at my heel. I jump up before he could cut off my foot. "Earth Style: Mud shots!"

As I attack I think of the best way to attack from this point on. I have to touch the ground at some point, I teleport to my nearest Kunai.

"Earth Style Earth Pillars." I raise multiple rock pillars as I high as possible before he throws Nuibari." I block it with a kunai and get ready to dodge, his wire wraps around my arm. "No more ninjutsu for you," he pulls the wire.

"Earth Style: Earth Armor."

I watch as a loose transparent coat surrounds me and I hope it stops the wire from cutting off my arm. He pulls the wire and it snaps, I sigh in relief, now I must stay by hard ground to keep getting rock minerals into my new armor. "How?" He asks surprise my arm is in tact and that his wire isn't.

"I use the minerals around me to create an invisible armor. Your wire will not hurt me." Because of his long-range all my attacks where easily deferred.

"You use silent killing to take down your enemies," he looks at me as he disappears.

"I will break through that armor!" Nuibari clashes against my back. I must mark his weapon the moment I get the chance.

"Lets see you try! Fire Style: Fire Shuriken!" He spins his needle sword like a fan to block my attack.

"Not going to gice up?" He asks and I prepare to attack.

"Then I guess I'll go after those I can kill," he blends back into the fog.

After a few moments of silence, I realize he really is gone and I go back to camp, I'll follow his lead.