41: Something to Hold Onto

I return home a month later and I find myself seeking out Shisui.

"Shisui!" He stops practicing and turns to look at me, I couldn't help but smile.

"I saw a Uzumaki. He's dead now but I saw him. Another Uzumaki. Do you know what that means?!" He looks at me confused.

"Isn't his death suppose to be a bad thing?" He asks as he approaches me.

"It is, but he was a rogue ninja in the Bingo book so not really. That's not the point. The point is, he had to come from somewhere. Right before helped civilians out of the city. What if she did succeed in saving multiple and there's a branch of Uzumaki out there?"

"You think it's possible some of your clan survived." I nod as excitement fills me.

"Its possible I'm not the only one." He raises his hand and wipes the tears I didn't know were flowing down my cheeks.

"Your clan could be alive." He whispers to me.

"I want to find them. I want to find my clan and help them if they need it." He nods and tells me I should do that. He smiles back at me as for the first time in long time I'm filled with something other than a silent void.

"I hope you find what you're looking for Yuki." I thank him before taking off.

I return to the Uzushiogakure, and make my way to the spot where my mother died, I look for the tunnel she covered and I find it behind a rock and moss. I use Earth Style to widen the small tunnel.

It was a good ten minute walk before o reach a dead end, I rest my hands against the wall, "push." It crumbles as I push it back.

I walk into a clearing before an opening to a large narrow canyon.

I squeeze myself through after marking the opening of the tunnel, I make my way through it, every once in a while, I catch chakra signatures above me, but they don't last long, there's probably a bridge above.

I keep walking but the further I go, the less I find, I stop at a fork in my path and I mark the ground. I pull out a scroll and start mapping my small uneventful journey. Just as I was about to finish j hear rumbling. I look up and I see water rushing from the two left paths and rocks from the two right paths. I quickly put the scroll away before marking the wall as high as I could reach then teleporting back to the beginning.

I sigh as I turn and watch as the water and rocks squeeze through the narrow opening.

"That was a big lost of time," I pull down my cloak before pulling out a scroll and bringing out lunch.

I guess it's time for a break, after lunch, I'll try and see what's on the other side of the canyon.

I sit and eat a ramen cup, if I find those who make it out through here, I'll find the ones my mom died protecting.

After lunch I make my way to the top of the canyon, only to find it deserted with bridges over the opening, I keep walking until I find a collapse, that's where I must have been when I was forced to turn back. I mark the ground and keep walking a bit longer before giving up, there's nothing here. I'll come back another day and keep searching, for now I'll return and check in with Lord Danzk for he wanted to see me.