36: Roses For The Dead

Days pass and I don't move from my spot. I'm still in the same center point of the ruins of my home town.

It's been so many years, yet nothing has changed from that day, aside from the growing vegetation everything is the same as that day.

"You told me you wanted to go home. So I figured you'd come here." I look up and I see Shisui walking up to me.

"Please go away." He looks at me in pain.

"I can't do that Yuki. I can't leave you. Not like this. You're falling into the deep end." He keeps approaching me.

"Can you blame me? Everyone keeps dying. The people I love keep dying? Why do the people I love die? Is it me? Is there something wrong with me? Am I some sort of plague that causes peoples life span to shorten? What is wrong with me that I can't keep the people I love alive?!" I question as the tears threaten to fall once more.

I squeezes my upper arms, "nothing is wrong with you. You did nothing wrong. Kushina wasn't able to keep the Nine Tails sealed. You had nothing to do with that! The Nine Tails killed Kushina and Minato. Not you!"

"I got stronger so I didn't have to be protected. I got stronger to keep others from this pain. But it still happened!" He hugs me as I cry.

"I'm so sorry Yuki."

After a moment of me sobbing uncontrollably he tells me, I will be okay.

I'm the only one now. I'm the only Uzumaki left alive. I'm alone now. I rest my head on my hands and let myself slip into my sadness. I just want to disappear.

"Let's get you home Yuki." He holds me as he rubs my back.

"That's the thing Shisui, I am home." The tears stop as the realization settles in.

"This is my home and there's nothing left of it." He picks me up, "there's you."

I wake up in my room at my father's house. I don't bother sitting up, I just turn around and fall back to sleep.

My door open and Shisui walks in, "Yuki today's Minato's and Kushina's funeral. Do you plan on going?" I stay still hoping he'll think I'm asleep. I can't go. I can't watch another person I love disappear from my life. I can't stand at their graves and do nothing. Not again. I can't say goodbye to them too. After a few minutes he walks out and I hold onto my blanket tightly.

I just want to disappear. I try and shut off all my senses. I don't want to feel my father and my uncle and his wife and their kids downstairs. I don't want to feel them walking up the stairs and hesitate at my door. I don't want to feel them give up and walk back down the stairs defeated. I just want to disappear somewhere where I can't feel no one.

I get up and teleport to the Uzushiogakure Village. I walk up to my old home. Aside from the windows it's still intact. I walk in and make my way to my old room.

I use to share this room with my little sister. My brothers room was down the hall next to my parents. I lay on the bed and focus on the nothingness, letting it soothe me. Maybe now I can finally get some sleep.