18: Time

It takes three days to make it back from Uzushiogakure to the Leaf. It's been a year since I left the war and the village to gain control of my eyes, it's been two years since I've seen Kushina and Minato but the time Lord Third gave me has ended and I must return.

He sent Shisui Uchiha to come get me, and one can only argue so much with a boy who can make you obey him. Not that I was challenging him, I made an agreement and I wasn't going to go back on my word.

"Learn anything new?" I look over to Shisui and I nod.

He lost a dear friend during the war and his he gained new eyes, His Mangekyou Sharingan.

"I'm sorry about Tamaki, Shisui," he smiles sadly.

"I'm sorry about Ryko, casualties of war," he speaks up and I nod.

His smile was smaller than usual, "I'm guessing you've seen somethings?" He nods and sighs. I grab onto his arm and teleport us back to the Leaf.

"Come in," Lord Third doesn't even wait for us to knock.

"Well?" He asks me, and I smile.

"I learned everything I set out to learn," Lord Third nods in approval.

"I gained control. Granted I'll personally think a few of my new found abilities are over exaggerated but still, I learned how to use my eyes among a few other things. But my mission to gain control was a success." He smiles in relief and tells me he's glad this last year didn't go to waste.

"Go home and rest you'll leave in a week with Minato's reinforcements. His unit is taking needed supplies." I nod and walk home, Shisui has asked him mother if I could stay with them since, Kushina and Minato are both out of the Leaf.

"I'm just going to grab a few things," Shisui nods and waits on the steps as I rush inside to get clothes.

I was in and out in five minutes, we head to the Uchiha Estate, "are you sure this is okay?" I ask him once more.

"I really don't want to be an inconvenience," he smiles and tells me not to worry about it. I thank him once more.

We make our way through the Uchiha Estate until we arrive to his home, "mom we're here," Hae-sama walks in from the kitchen.

"Hi Yuki, please come in, make yourself at home, Shisui your dad's in the living room," Hae smiles.

"Come on Yuki," I nod and follow Shisui after I remove my shoes.

I greet Kagami Uchiha before excusing myself and helping Hae-sama in the kitchen.

"Thank you once more for letting me stay here while I'm in the Leaf, I wasn't excited about behind home alone," she smiles at me.

"Oh don't worry about it Yuki, besides maybe one day this place will be your home too," before I could ask her what she meant she asks me to grab the potatoes from the pantry.

We eat dinner as Kagami and Shisui catch up, it's weird being apart of someone else's family moments, it reminds me of the time I first went to live with Kushina And Minato.

I help Hae-sama clean up before excusing myself and making my way to the Hokage Rock for some fresh air.

"I told you we'd be back here taking in the view of the Village in no time," Shisui walks up to me.

I smile, "if only the war was over to," I hug my knees.

"How are doing you Yuki?" He stands next to me.

"You just lost your your best friend shouldn't I be the one asking you that question?" I reply.

"You lost your friend and your Sensei, you need to be asked too," I smile as I put my chin against my knees.

"Thanks Shisui," he looks down at me.

"For?"

"For always being here for me, for always caring about me."

"Of course I care, you're important to me Yuki," Im thankful the night hides the red face I have.

"You're important to me to Shisui, which is why you should answer the question, how are you?" I look up at him.

"I'm still coping, a part of me is still in denial but I also know from now on I'll do better in helping my comrades," I smile, still kind hearted.

"You know sometimes I forget I'm only eight, but then I come here and I remember I'm still a kid," I look at the Leaf.

"You are a kid, a kid who has been to war. I'm so sorry about your teammate Yuki."

"You're a kid too Shisui, if your looking out for me who's looking out for you?" I look at him.

"I think this means I need more friends," I reach out and grab his hand.

"I'll look out for you Shisui, just like you look out for me, and I know what pain is, I can take it so you can share yours with me and I can help you Shisui. I won't leave you alone," he squeezes my hand.

"Stay with me and watch the stars?" I ask and he nods, he sits next to me and we lay back.

"Do you think we can star gaze more when the war ends?" He nods at me.

"Hey Yuki?" I look at him.

"No matter how far apart the war takes us stop to look at the sky at night and remember that well always be looking at the same stars," I smile, same stars huh. I look back up.

Ryko I think I just found my hobby.

I spend the nights leading to my departure on the Hokage Rock looking at the night sky with Shisui.