25: The Whole Puzzle

Kogas' first memory was when he was three and he was running towards his mom, who had a large smile on her face, "yes Koga come to momma." Koga laughs and runs right into her arms. She hugs him and picks him up.

He has the same dark brown hair as her, straight as and arrow. Same smile too.

"Let's get you inside, dinners ready." She picks him up and hugs him as she takes him inside.

The next memory is of him training with his father in the Hyūga estate. "Again Koga."

Koga nods, "yes father." Koga wasn't from the main branch of the Hyūga clan so he opts to join the academy to refine the skills that came naturally to him. He wants Koga to get strong enough to awaken the Byakugan.

"Koga are you sure about this? Isn't he too young?" Koga's mother asks Koga's father.

"Yes, the quicker he learns the better he will be in the Shinobi world. He shows great promise and if he gains his Byakugan he'll be unstoppable."

He graduates a year before Shisui and when he does he doesn't get a team for he graduated a year early. Shisui and he are paired up together and the two who were already friends became a great team.

They become closer than ever, a year later the Third Hokage orders his Shinobi to get to the Uzushiogakure Village which is being attacked by multiple village ninjas.

Koga and Shisui both take down multiple ninjas. Yuki watches silently as she follows behind him, he's the one who asked if Shisui found anyone that day Shisui arrived to camp with hee. He and Shisui are the ones that killed the ninjas that were chasing her after killing her brother.

"I said stop!" Chains extend out of Yuki as she encases herself and the fallen Uzumaki in a barrier.

"We can't penetrate the barrier," Koga comments after ten minutes of attempting to break through.

"And you're not going to, the Adamantine Chain Barrier is unpenetratable, you're not going in unless she wants you too." Kushina mutters.

Yuki looks at her fallen clan, "they deserve better than this," Kushina who was also crying agrees.

"They deserve graves and headstones, not this." Kushina touches the barrier as Koga watches solemnly.

"How can anyone get through losing their whole clan in one day?" Koga looks at the Shinobi who are speaking.

"She'll have to get past the pain if she wishes to live. It will be hard but it is possible." The Third Hokage speaks before calling Yuki and telling her they'll bury her clan where she wants them to.

"Is she the only one you found?" Lord Third asks and the other ninjas nod.

Kushina had tears in her eyes, she stops and looks at the Third, "I cannot believe someone has done this to my clan. To my home."

"I'm sorry Kushina." Lord Third squeezes her shoulders before walking away, Yuki lowers the barrier and the ninjas start picking up the bodies and Yuki walks, barefooted all the way back to the Village to show them where to bury her clan members.

It was dark when they finish, Yuki pasted out from exhaustion and was now sleeping in a tent.

Koga stands a bit ways away and listens to Kushina tell her husband about the decision to take in Yuki, "she's all I have left of my clan. She and I are probably the last of our Uzumaki."