17: Protect

I wake up with a splitting headache and a sleeping Eiji on the chair by the door. I sit up as I call him, he bolts awake.

"Hey you're up, hows your shoulder?" He ask and I look at my bandaged shoulder.

"It doesn't hurt," the moment I touch it the pain shows up, I bite the inside of my lip and absorb my own chakra, "I'm fine now." I look at him and his face gives him away.

"What is it?" I ask him.

"They want to send you home," he mutters so I finish for him.

"Because of the Rinnegan?" He nods at me.

"Makes sense."

"Makes sense that they want you to go back alone?!" I nod and it only angers him more.

"Yes, this isn't some mission Eiji, this is war, people escorting me back would mean less people here, in camp. It's better this way."

He gets up off the chair angry, "so what one life is better than a squad?" I sigh.

"In war yes, besides with my eyes being as uncontrollable as they are, those who go with me can be endanger, besides Eiji I can handle myself."

"You can't go by yourself, it's not safe, Ryko will haunt me till the day I die nod let you go by yourself," I smile at him.

"Trust in my training. I'll be fine, you'll see I'll be back and saving your butt again in no time," he rolls his eyes at me and I smile.

"I wanted to wait to learn how to use the Rinnegan but I don't think I can, if I get emotional I can cause a disaster, I can't let that happen around my comrads I can't risk the people I want to protect." He hands me a mirror.

I look at him before taking it. The purple eyes with black circles stand out in my light skin and red hair.

"This is the Rinnegan," Eiji nods, "the one and only legendary eyes," I set down the mirror.

"It doesn't matter how legendary it is, they're dangerous and undesirable if I hurt those I'm trying to protect." I mutter as I put the mirror down.

"By learning control, Yuki you learned all sorts of Ninjutsu." I thank Eiji for his vote of confidence, "go back to sleep you need rest."

I wake to Eiji sleeping against my bed, I get up and head to my cot, Shisui was waiting, "I thought I noticed your chakra signature," he nods and walks with me.

"Maybe Eiji's right," I stop and look at him.

"He's not, this camp needs as many people as it can, besides I plan on using a Kunai's to get back. I'll be fine." He nods and I quickly pack up. I hand him a marked Kunai before teleporting to the Hokage's office and quickly write in a scroll;

'I am not abandoning my village or my duty, I know now that learning how to use the Rinnegan is what I have to do, so I'm going to the Uzushiogakure Village there is should find some information about these eyes. Please let me do this and know I will be training, give me no more than a year, if was able to master everything else in weeks I should get these eyes under control fairly quickly.'

Before closing it I sign it and teleport out of the Leaf, I head straight for my old Village, maybe there I'll find answers.