11: Practice Makes Perfect

I rush home from my latest Team 9 mission hoping to catch Minato before he goes back to work with Lord Third. "Minato! You still here?" I yell as I take off my shoes.

"Yes. I'm getting ready to leave now, can you make dinner for yourself?" Minato replies.

I run in, "yes, I can, but I'm going to train for a while." He smiles and tells me okay. He walks out and I head out to the backyard.

Shisui agrees that I've mastered Fire Nature so we finished the learning section of our training and now we are trying to get me use to weaving signs while fighting.

Shisui has also helped me with my Substitution Jutsu and my Flickering Technique which he says was a par to that of a Jonins. They still don't know about me trying to learn Scorch style or that I've been going to the library to learn more about the Uzumaki chakra traits.

Minato leaves and I pull out a scroll, ever since Kushina taught me to create my own seals I've been trying to create my own teleporting seals. I've been trying to combine the aspects of the Substitution Jutsu and Flickering Technique to create a quick escape.

I begin by creating two seals that are linked on two scrolls before putting the scrolls on either end of the backyard. I start testing the seals with small objects to make sure it works and I don't get myself injured.

Once I perfect the seal are start creating more and placing them all around the backyard and start working on the location accuracy.

"Yuki! You here!" I stop practicing when I here Simi, I rush inside and see Simi at the door.

"I came to see if you wanted to get dinner together since, my parents are out on missions," I nod when I realize I haven't eaten.

We go to Ichiraku's to get ramen for dinner, "so you still training for the Chunin Exam?" I nod and tell her since the Exams are in a few days I'm perfecting my skills.

"So when are you getting your new headband?" Simi asks as she points with her nose at my bare forehead.

I touch my forehead as I recall a failed Scorch ball training session, "this weekend. Minato is getting it for me," I touch my forehead. I already feel weird without it.

"Just be careful and good luck on the exams." I smile at Simi as she tells me good luck.

"I will. I'm going to practice some more, there's a technique I'm trying to perfect," as soon as we finish eating I return home and continue practicing my Seal.

I spend the next three days splitting time between perfecting my Seal and training with Koga and Shisui.