15: Go to War

Kushina disturbs me from my daydream by knocking on my door, "you finish packing?" I nod as I clip the bag closed.

"I am." She motions for me to follow her into the kitchen.

I join Kushina in the kitchen, Minato walks in then, "you'll be going with Team 9 and Izuko Yamanaka will be your squad Captain." He hands me a scroll and I nod.

Kushina, blocks our path, "both of you be careful and don't do anything risky. Now before you go I want Kunai's from both of you."

I spent the last week perfecting my Substitute Teleport Jutsu, once it was to my liking I told Minato and Kushina, now they make sure I incorporate it to my fighting and my escape plan.

"I also want you both to have one Kunai that belongs to the other. Just in case you need a quick escape from a tough bind." Kushina was worried more than usual for she won't be deployed until later this month.

We nod and do as she asks. She holds onto the Kunai's before hugging us both. "Come back alive. That's an order." I hug her back.

"We will Kushina." She sighs and tells us we can go after lunch, we sit down to eat.

I teleport to the Hokage Rock after we eat, "you hear to take in the view once last time?" I smile at Shisui.

"This is what we're fighting to protect, it's a good way to remind one self why we do what must be done in war." I mutter, I've grown to accept that in order to defend my home I will have to strick down the enemy.

"You okay Yuki?" I nod and tell him I'm going to the camp at the edge of the Land of Fire that faces the Mist Village.

"They rely on the Silent Killing, your sensory skills will come in handy, trust in them," I nod.

"Hey Shisui?" He looks at me.

"I know it's kind of last minute but what's war like?" I ask him.

"Hard, quick and painful. You lose comrades and if your not careful you can lose your whole camp. You'll be okay Yuki," I look at him.

"You don't know that," he grabs my hand.

"You're a survivor Yuki, I do know that, you'll see, in no time we'll be here staring out at the village," I squeeze his hand, I hope he's right.

"I'll see you soon Yuki," I nod and we part ways, I join up with Eiji and Ryko on the way to the gates.

"You ready?" Eiji asks and I nod.

Minato was at the front of the crowd by the gate, listing Captains their unit members and their destination camp locations.

Eiji, Ryko and eight others made up Captain Izuko unit.

Along with Captain Watanabe unit we we're the reinforcements for the units already at the water side camp on border of the Land of Fire and waters of the Mist Village.

Minato was being sent to the border of the Sound, he takes one look over the crowd and settles his eyes on me, I nod at him and he gives a small smile, "okay everybody take off."

I rush after my Captain, once we we're a few yards from the gate Captain Izuko speaks up.

"Medical ninjas at the center of the group at all times," he shouts as the group rearranges itself to flock around the four medical ninjas we have.

It was well into the second night when we arrive. The campsite was ravaged and covered in blood, body parts laid every few yards. I look around, "What is it Yuki?"

I look at Ryko, "the enemy is still here," Captain Izuko asks where.

A Hyuuga and I both reply to the left.