Dino Beganovic- Mates

Requested by aleepiastri_
100- I don't want anyone else, no one else can make me feel the same way you do.

Walking into the track with Hamda, y/n is excited for her first season with Prema and her first race. Being the only two girls on the team, they have struck up a bond and keep to themselves and show each other support.
Even though she has met the rest of the team, including all the other drivers. Y/n is still shy around the boys.
"Want to warm up together?" Dino asks her, as she is the new rookie in FRECA. She nods her head and they start a skipping war. But y/n wins as Dino gets the giggles. As much as she is very serious about the race, she shows him something that he likes.
But he tries to not flirt with her, as the cameras are on them. But the boys notice and start to tease him.

Out of racing and doing team shoots and challenges. It's when Dino notices he is starting to get feelings for her. Even when she is very much happily squealing and flirting with some of the other guys.
But during the challenges she is with Dino and Paul mainly.
Afterwards when it's just the two of them, with a little extra nudge from his older friends Marcus and Callum. He decides to bite the bullet and ask her out.
"Can we go out together?" He asks her. "We can go explore or go get gelato." Y/n looks at him. "Or we could do both." She says smiling at him.

It takes them a few proper dates before anything physical happens and it happens without it being any thing special. Y/n looks at Dino as they were heading home from a day at the factory.
She kisses him. Which catches Dino off guard as he didn't think she felt that way. Like he does. "See you later." He whispers letting y/n away with Hamda.
But Dino really can't get y/n off of his mind. He can only guess he is very much the topic of the car as they drive to the airport.

But he texts her almost immediately after. "What does this mean now?" He texts her. He knows what he wants to be happening and its not her going back home for a few days. Or her going to England for some other work thing. "Can I come? Can I meet you in London?" Y/n sits giggling with Hamda, in the car. She knew it would send a whole lot of feels to Dino. But not this instantly. "Do you like him?" Hamda can't help but be curious, she had noticed that he was over in the apartment a lot. But didn't know that they were going around, as more than friends. "Is this why he never gets mad at you for beating him?" She teases y/n. "Eh noooo. Apart from eating pizza and gelato together, we haven't done anything. I swear. I want too.. But I don't know how he feels about it going forward." She says, before looking at her phone again. "Is that him already? Have you told him you are going for a meeting with McLaren?" Y/n shakes her head, as she was hoping to get into the Ferrari team, but her manager had spoken to McLaren and they have always been her dream team. "No I won't see him, until Monaco. That's when it is being announced too."

Y/n debates getting Dino over to London, but her family have already decided they want to come down and see her whilst she is near and McLaren are doing a whole dinner for her. So it is best not. "I will see you in Monaco.. Surely you can go two weeks without me?" She presses send and feels guilty. They have always shared everything up until this one massive thing. She doesn't want there to be an extra rivalry between them, when there doesn't need to be. Especially when she is ahead of both Dino and Paul in the standings.

The two weeks go by really quickly, a lot of time being spent in MTC. Dino is more than ready to see his girl again. But it is at the team dinner, before the kick off of the weekend. "Hey freckles.." Dino says as he sits down beside her. "Hey yourself Dino. Miss me?" His heart skips a beat, when y/n kisses his cheek. Neither of them really wanting to be overly affectionate in front of the team. "You better believe it.. He has been a nightmare." Paul laughs from the other side of the table. "But did you miss him? That is what everyone is wanting to know..." Paul raises his brows at her. "Yeah of course I did. Why do you think he is so close to me." She laughs, but looks at Dino in a whole new light. Even when the chatter of everyone else is louder than their conversation. Dino and y/n keep to themselves as they often do, at these events. "Oh. I need to speak with you away from everyone. I want you to be one of the first to know..." She whispers to him. Dino doesn't even make an excuse. He just stands and pulls her away down the quay. "What is it?" He asks her. Worrying that she has found someone else. OR worse Lando.

"I signed a new contract last night before I flew over.. A junior contract." Dino smiles at her. "With who? Tell me. No wait your smile says it all. Does a certain DR and LN race for them?" She nods her head. "Yeah.. I'm officially a junior McLaren driver." She looks up and smiles at him. Even in full view of the team, Dino pulls her chin up and kisses her. How he should have done, many weeks ago. "So is it a busy weekend for you? McLaren are yet to announce you.. Or is it the bombshell of the weekend?" Dino asks her, as they stand watching the waves crash. "Yeah. It is being announced tomorrow morning. I won't walk in wearing red, I will be in the McLaren tee." Dino smiles at her. "I can live with that.." He winks at her as they wander back to the table. Where there is many jokes made about them. But Dino and y/n keep holding hands not so secretly under the table.

The morning after it all breaks out about y/n joining McLaren. She feels like she has a lot to prove the world media. A little unknown female driver, who has been given an amazing opportunity from one of the biggest and best teams in the world. But nobody seen it coming. She gets taken out of the race, completely by Dino. Who damn near flies into her. Which Dino is worried about how she will take it. As she gets out the car and has to go straight to get checked over. "Have you heard anything yet? Why is she not back yet." He moans at the team.

Bur when she does get back to the trucks, she doesn't want to talk to him. "Can I get my debrief and go?" She asks, looking furious. Ralf nods his head and follows her. "He didn't mean it. Dino. He hit a bump and went flying. We could've easily lost both of you." Y/n's face says it all. "Am I supposed to be glad that didn't happen?" Ralf spots Dino loitering and his face falling at what she says. "Perhaps don't speak to him tonight. Wait until you've cooled off." He says, looking more at Dino.
Dino doesn't take the advice. He follows her, out i to the paddock. "Y/n.. wait." He shouts. "What? I need to cool off before we speak. Otherwise I will probably just end it." Dino stops and stares at her.

"What? What are you on about?" He asks, knowing what she means. "No. I won't let you." He says, feeling more and more crushed. "You can't stop me Dino. Maybe we shouldn't be together. We are team mates.. track enemies. We race against each other." He shakes his head. "No. I don't want anyone else. Please baby.. I'm sorry." Dino is hating this. Her anger towards him. "You could've killed me Dino!! You made so many fucking mistakes how can I trust you on the track let alone anywhere else."  Dino crumbles.
"No. I don't want anyone else but you. No one else can make me feel the way you do. Baby. Please. Y/n I think I'm falling hard for you. Please don't do this!!" He knows it's falling of deaf ears, as she's not even paying attention as the F1 qualifying is starting.

Back in the hotel, Dino can't get her out of his head. How much she couldn't even look at him. The accident was scary for him and he was devastated that it was y/n he had hit. "So is she not even talking to you?" Paul asks him, trying to get Dino out of his own head. "No. I tried to speak with her, but she wasn't even listening. Has Ralf heard from her?" Paul shakes his head. "No. She has went awol. He doesn't even know if she is injured."
"Where are you? No one has seen or spoken to you since the accident. Im sorry. What more do you need me to say? I fucking love you y/n, please stop torturing me."

Y/n sees Dino's texts but ignores him. Even in briefing for the race. She sits over from him, not the typical place she sits. When Andreas sticks his head in, to wish her luck. He teases Dino about not ruining her race again.
"Can I speak to you?" Dino asks her again. "Why? Dino we are better as just team mates... neither of us should be really thinking about a relationship." Dino shakes his head. "But I love you. I don't want anyone else." She looks at him. Struggling with her own emotions. "Me too. But right now, we should be focusing on our racing. Yeah? Maybe after the season we can think about maybe trying." Dino shakes his head.
"No. It's either now or never. Tomorrow isn't promised and after yesterday I was scared I hurt you badly."

"Warm up guys... stop the talking." Ralf barks at them. Dino is surprised when y/n holds her arms out to him. He gets to hold her for brief second before they get barked at again. "Fine. No more trying to kill me though. Just cause I'm on the better team." She teases him. Pulling his head down for a kiss before running away to get herself warmed up.
"Think your off the hook mate. Let's get podiums today for you both." Ralf says wishing the race away.