Dino Beganovic- Can we be friends?

Requested by aleepiastri_

119- I never thought I would love you this much, but I do and now its over and it hurts

122- it was a mistake and I know i can never fix this now

Can I have 119 and 122 with Dino pls? They were broke up bcs Dino wanna focus on hus career since he was stepping up to F3

Sitting in his flat in Italy, Dino finds himself looking at his now ex girlfriends Instagram. Himself stepping up to F3, taking the place of Dennis. He was forced to make difficult decisions, whilst home for the holidays. After meeting doing karting in Sweden, he knew she'd understand as she was trying to focus on school work to get into medicine.
But saying the words broke him. Never mind watching her head back into her house. He just wanted to hold her and make it better for her. But he couldn't.

But here he is almost three months later, still looking at her Instagram and Facebook. Pining over her.
"Would you hate me, if I said I made a mistake?" He pushes send before he talks himself out of it again.
"You know I could never hate you. How is Italy? ❤️" Dino looks at her reply. He hates himself, so he doesn't need her too. Or her to stroke his ego.
"The season hasn't even started yet and I'm missing you already. I hadn't even left Sweden and I missed you. I missed you not being at the airport to wave goodbye, like all the times before. I didn't deserve you."
Dino sits, staring out at a street light. It's been the only thing that has stopped him hurting. He zones out staring at the light.

He wakes up expecting a text from y/n but he hasn't got one. But she has posted a photo on Instagram. It stings. His usual optimism is missed when he meets up with the rest of the Ferrari academy. "You okay? Dino..." Marcus nudges him. He shakes his head. "I broke it off in winter break and she has probably got someone new." Marcus looks at him shocked. It's taken months for Dino to tell them, his family away from home. "I did wonder why I hadn't seen her this year. So not holding up well then?" Dino shakes his head. "I've messed it up. She won't even talk to me now, or if she does it's not the same." Marcus doesn't have much advice apart from going out and finding someone else.
Which Dino doesn't want to do.

"Can we FaceTime later?" Dino tries again. Not willing to give up the fight. "Maybe. At school.." He groans loudly. Even a FaceTime, he is being made to feel worse than he needs to be. "Just forget about Dino.. Charles done what you done.. he got a level up girlfriend." Arthur joins in, trying to help Dino.

But it doesn't help. Dino has only ever had eyes for his ex. He's never really looked at other girls the way he does her. How can he level up when. Y/n was perfect. She understood racing, it was her passion. Hd shakes his head at Arthur. "No. I don't want too. Ugh I've messed up and not getting to fix it. "Ah stop worrying.. Bahrain at the weekend new season starting.. Stop worrying about a girl that you broke it off with." Arthur laughs. Not realising how much Dino is hurting.

Marcus takes things into his own hands and finds y/n on Instagram. Which isn't hard, as Dino has posted about her.
"Hey. Sorry I know I've never met you, but I'm close with Dino. I don't know if I should be telling you. But he is beating himself up a lot about the breakup. You guys need to speak, I know it's not your worry anymore. But Dino needs your support still, especially with being in f3. He's in a real bad headspace. Marcus"

Y/n reads Marcus's dm, whimsy traveling home from school.
"Thanks for the heads up. But as you have said it's not my issue anymore... He broke up with me to concentrate on F3. If he can't concentrate that's on him."
She heads straight to bed once home. Crying had become her new normal after school.
Just as her phone goes and it's 🦖 or Dino.
As she wipes her eyes, she answers the phone.

Trying to hide the fact she has been crying. "Are you okay? Have you been crying?" Dino asks immediately. She nods her head. "Is that to your ok or that you've been crying! Y/n. I hate this!!" Dino moans, barely able to keep looking at the phone.
"Why can't I just fix this. It was a mistake and I know I can't just fix it. But this is horrible." Dino moans.
"You were the one who broke it up. Dinosaur." Dino looks at her and smiles, it's been a while since she has called him that. "I know. I know I did." He says meekly. "But I never thought I was this in love with you. But it's over now and it hurts and I know you are the same. Which makes it even worse. I never wanted to hurt you." He looks at her on the phone. "Will you ever forgive me enough to give me another shot?" He asks her, his own eyes prickling with tears. As he worries as soon as he asks.
"Maybe. But not until I'm a doctor, I need to concentrate. I love you dinosaur and you've taught me so much. But I'm scared it will happened again and again, with every change of level you go too."

Dino shakes his head. He knew he had blown it, when he broke up with her. "Please don't tell me you love me, if we can't be together baby. It's not fair. I was stupid. Hurting us both is the worst mistake of my life... can we be friends?" Y/n nods her head, then they end the call. Not anywhere near as friendly as Dino had hoped for.