Lando Norris- Why her

Requested by LilithLilac63

"Winter wonderland when I get home?" It was always your tradition. Yours and his. Until she turned up. After knowing Lando almost your whole life, before everything changed when he got into karting, single seaters and now F1. You had always assumed that you would end up having your happy ever after with him.
You couldn't go to the summer trip, which killed you. It's when he met her.
The one trip you weren't on.
Even when you had a lot stronger feelings towards him. He still made you feel loved and special. But he just wasn't into you, as more than a friend.

Even when you had used Max to annoy him, it backfired and made things awkward with Max. But you just wanted him to see you as more than a friend. When Lando posted photos of him and Luisinha in the group chat, you noticed you were the only one who didn't like them. Or comment on them.
But you felt like you didn't want too. It was a growing poisonous wart. But not public so you were hopeful that he was just messing with you. Since you weren't able to support him as much as you used too, after getting a normal job, it made it harder to go away to GP weekends and random trips away.

The afternoon before you go and meet up with Lando and friends at winter wonderland.
Max comes to get you at the station. You hug him as it's been a while since you last seen him.
"I'm here to warn you more than anything... Luisinha is here." Your face drops and Max tries to not make it obvious he has noticed. "He's still your Lando.. just with a girlfriend." You roll your eyes and link arms with him. Trying to bat away your tears with blinking. "Do you need a minute?" Max asks you, pulling you into his chest.
"It's a lot. I was hoping he'd just not shove it in my face."
Max smiles at you. Hoping that you will just hurry up and go into Hyde Park.
As you spot Lando, you can see the dark haired girl beside him. "Remember turn that frown upside down..." Max teases you. But can see the fear in your face. "What if I don't like her?" You ask innocently. But you already know the answer.

"For Lando? I'd fake it. You know he's sensitive." Max says, watching your face closely. As you know you will struggle it. But you want to spend time with both of your boys. You just need to push aside how you genuinely feel for Lando. But it is hard and you hope that he will see through your fake smile.

As you stand as watch and engage with all the boys, you can see how happy Lando is. But also how careful he is to not overly touch Luisinha. You, yourself is struggling to want to talk to her, or look at her. "Are you okay?" Lando aims at you. As you nod your head, you notice Max trying to make you smile. "Yeah just cold. You know how much I hate the cold." He looks at you and smiles. But you just can't do it. You just can't fake being happy that someone else is here with you and the boys. Especially since she is with Lando. "Come on.. I will give you a cuddle to warm you up." Max offers and pulls you into him. "Come on, I told you to fake the happiness. Have you even taken a photo of tonight?" He whispers into you. You shake your head and wriggle out of his hold.

You watch them from a far. Debating on what you want to do. Do you just decide to leave? It would be so much easier on you. You are sure that you don't even think that Lando would notice. But Max, grabs your arm and pulls it free. You hadn't even noticed how much you are glaring at the back of their heads or that your arms are folded in front of your body. "Come on... Fake a smile. For him. Fake liking her for him... Then when it fails you can laugh and say told you so." Max laughs. You don't notice that Lando and Luisinha have turned around and watching you and Max. "Shuuuut. Fuck." You glare at Max, which only makes Lando laugh. "Aww you two at it again?" Lando teases you both. Max smiles at you, hoping that you will just play along. "Didn't I tell you that they two flirt a lot." Lando chuckles and it is like music to your ears. So you smile and tap Max on the arm. Which max can't help but nudge her back. "Thats better baby, smile like you mean it..." As you shake your head ready to giggle at him, you spot the dreaded moment. Lando kissing Lu. Your heart shatters into a thousand pieces and you want to leave immediately. You even turn and dab at your eyes. "Come here..." Max grabs you and kisses you, even though you had made him promise he wouldn't ever do that to you again. For the sake of your friendship.

As you make your way to the hot chocolate stand, following Lando and her. Max holds you close, to make sure that you are with them. As Lando stops and to speak with fans and take photos. Lu tries to speak to you. You fake a smile and pose for a photo with her. "Beautiful girls..." Lando laughs spotting you taking part. "Told you they would be alright.." You hear Max saying to Lando, convincing him that you are okay. But you are anything but. You have to watch Lando and Luisinha doing your typical photo with Lando. The ferris wheel in the background and all the lights.

"Come here.." He eventually grabs you, giving you the attention that you had wanted all along from him. But it feels different. "I'm glad you came down... I know you are a hot shot doctor now. I am so proud of you and your dedication." Lando whispers into you. "What? You are proud??" He smiles and nods his head. You shake your head. "I wish I could say the same but I can't. Why her?" Lando looks confused. "Why Lu over who? You know you are still my favourite bestie..." Max catches you biting your lip instead of smiling for the first time in a photo with Lando. Gutted that he has put you back in your lane. Basically told you to get back in your box. "You should get one with Max.. Make it your new tradition with him... Since you are close with him too." In your head you are screaming, wanting Lando to wake up and stop being blind. "Yeah... Maxi.. Come here." As he comes to you, he winks at you. "At least you are acting like you want to be here." He laughs loudly. "I just can't like her... not like all of you guys who are probably drooling over her." Max shakes his head laughing. "This is why I love your sarcastic ass." He jokes around with you, playfully hitting your bum. You grab his face and pull it close to your own. Kissing him as Lando laughs taking the photo. "Love you too muppet." You smile, your most genuine one of the night. At least you still have your Maxi.