Lando Norris/ Max Fewtrell- Why?

Requested by Hxnnxh_Clxgg26

As the sun sets for another night in Dubai, Max notices that Lando and y/n are embroiled in another argument. Max understands why y/n is annoyed. But he is best friends with Lando, so it's hard to take y/n's side.
Max watches as Luisinha goes over to try and get them to stop arguing, but as y/n goes to tell her to leave Lando huffs more and gets more animated.

As y/n comes back over to the table, it's obvious whatever Lando has said has really upset her. She sits quietly and types on her phone. "I'm leaving tomorrow.." Max has to really concentrate not to laugh. She is always dramatic like both him and Lando. But he knows they'd say it but never actually do it. "Wait what? You being serious?" He asks, as Lando and luisinha sits down.
"Who being serious?" Lando asks, aiming it more at y/n than anything. "I'm going home. Can't be bothered staying here with fake ass people. First he cheats and you are just a prick." Max is always shocked when y/n swears or name calls Lando. As she is usually the first to defend him.
"What so I'm a prick because I got a girlfriend? Your schoolgirl crush has to stop! It's making everyone uncomfortable." Y/n laughs.
"Oh. Poor naive boy... Glad you think I still actually fancy you. I don't." Lando grins at her. "Yeah that's because you keep running around with the boys in F2 and 3." Max gets slightly winded from his comment. "That's a bit low mate..." She shakes it off, but gets up and heads into her room. Leaving the table shocked that she's actually walked away from Lando.
"Are you okay? Are you really leaving tomorrow? It's not even been NY yet, just ignore him." Max texts y/n wanting to make sure she is okay.
But gets a reply of her cases being out and the empty carcass of the wardrobe.
"Is she leaving?" Luisinha asks Max. He nods his head.
"Go and apologise Lando. She's one of your closest friends..." But he shakes his head. "No. She left not me.. Don't get involved in her drama Lu." Max looks up at him, shaking his head.
"After everything she's done for you... for us. You'll regret it mate."
Max watches Lando but he shows no remorse, even when asked by his brother. He shrugs his shoulders and makes it her problem, that she has had since he's happy in a relationship.

"Is it my fault Max?" Luisinha asks him. Max shakes his head. "No. Lando had a very physical relationship with her, before you. He ghosted her for a while and now happy to do the same again. I'll make sure she gets home okay. Just you enjoy your time here."

     ——————————————-

As soon as Max spots the usual signs that something isn't right with y/n. He turns up at her apartment, out of the blue it's been a good few months since Dubai and her leaving. Weeks of him being left on read and Lando has left to stay in Monaco.
"Max? What are you doing?" Y/n gasps when she sees him at her door.

"Why haven't you been out or around anyone?" She shakes her head and the tears start to instantly trickle.
"It's been rough. Him and his fucking sunshine! You know it's all been a tad in my face. As for the quadrant stuff, I emailed him and said I was stopping immediately. It's just not worth it. His attitude in Dubai. Just finished it. I'm heading back up to my my parents until I figure out what to do."
Max shakes his head.
"No your not. Come stay with me in the house. He's in Monaco living it up with Lu. Come be my wingman." He smiles at her.
"You don't need to leave everything you love for the boy who's not even in the country. I'll deal with him when we have too."
It takes him a while to convince her, but he does and the whole Q team help her move into the house with Max.

It takes Lando a while to head back to Woking and the factory. Even though he is in his bubble with Luisinha, he notices Max has been distant. But hasn't asked him about it.
"He maybe has a new girlfriend that he hasn't told you about." Luisinha knows what is happening. Lando has blocked y/n. So hasn't seen the photos, the videos, the PDA. But she has.
"Nah. He would have told me about it..."
Lando and luisinha get a late flight back to London.
Max and y/n are curled up together on the sofa. Lando doesn't see who she is at first. Goes to make a few jokes and stops.

"No. No. Why?" Lando yelps out as if he has been stung. Max looks up at him. "What? Why what?" He raises his brow at Lando. "Her!! Why her!! Out of all the girls in London. You couldn't find someone that wasn't her no?" Max smirks as he knows he has riled Lando.
"Are you being serious mate? Why would I want anyone other than her?"
Lando laughs manically. "Her? You'll get hurt max!! You know you will. She'll drop you at the drop of a hat, if anything was to happen with Lu and I."
Y/n starts to laugh. "At least your ego is still as bad as ever. I'm going to a hotel.. Or Ria's. Bye bub."
Lando looks so amused. "So you wouldn't do anything if I tried it on now?" Y/n nods her head. "Yeah. Plus have some damn respect for Luisinha. Actually. Do you want to come to the hotel with me? Maybe go get drinks in London?" Y/n turns to Luisinha. Who seems to be just as glad to get out of the boys argument.

"Let me know your safe.. y/n." Max calls after the girls and smiles when y/n turns back and nods her head.
"Surely you should be happy they are now getting on." Max says to Lando. "No. I'm not. Why her? Honestly Max why!!" Max glares at Lando.
"Since when did it offend you that we share girls. It doesn't bother me, she's had, done what ever it is you two got up too. We both have skeletons in the closet and it's okay." Lando laughs. "Yeah. That sort of thing turn you on does it."
Max shakes his head trying to not get annoyed at Lando.
"Look mate. When she was always pandering to you, fucked her up. She done everything you asked her too. But she was never good enough for you. She loves it down here, but when I went to see her. She was trying to run away from everything and in a bad place. You've been there! She was there for you! Telling you how amazing you are. She helped you build quadrant into what it is now. How can you honestly turn your back on her now. If you ever felt anything for her, you wouldn't be like this." 
Lando looks at the floor.

"So I've just to allow you to take my exs?" Max nods his head. "Yeah but less of the ex. Yous had sex.. you didn't give her anything more." Max is getting annoyed. "Safe.. in a bar. Ordering stupidly expensive cocktails." Max softens when he sees the photo of y/n and Luisinha.
"We should be there with them. Not here arguing over stupid things." Max says to Lando, showing him the photo.
Lando reluctantly nods his head. "Yeah. We should be, will we join them?"

As the boys walk into the club, Max spots y/n easily. Dancing as per her usual night out.  Max wraps his arms around her, giving her a fright as she didn't see him coming. "Oh. Hi." She kisses him and it's when Lando sees a different side to them both.
"Why didn't you just do this is Dubai? We wouldn't have fell out if you had." Lando tells them. But y/n's face tells him they still would've fell out.
"Just apologise Lando mate." Y/N shakes her head. "It's fine, I just won't forget what you said. Ever. Or be as close."
Lando pouts as he watches her walk away from them both.