Lando Norris- Shoutout to the ex.

Requested by Motte17

22. Stop pretending you are ok, when everyone knows you aren't

Standing waiting to go into the paddock, you get stopped by Jon. Even though you are there for racing yourself. Lando always seems to feel the need to make it difficult for you.
You met him, during one of Jon's boot camps for the drivers that he has worked with. Yourself included.
"She is here with him... so will be in the paddock later. Just to warn you." You look at Jon, nearly laughing. "You are kidding me right? He promised she wouldn't be anywhere near me." Jon shakes his head. "He said something about her not caring and doing as she pleases. You know it won't last. But I'm not supposed to say that, he needs the support."
You roll your eyes, but end up seeing the devil herself and the smitten idiot.
"Please just stay away from the Mclaren garage today, I'll let Andreas and Zac know." Jon looks at you.
"No. It's my team just as much as it it's his. Hence the fact I'm in papaya and not red. Lady muck needs to get over herself and quickly."
You turn and swipe your card.
"You know he's on a one way street to losing everyone. Not me."

You see them fake smiles and walk in together.
Luckily your team mates are waiting for you in the truck. "You're late. Naughty girl. Been sneaking around Lando again have you." Paul can't help but tease you. You throw him a look and he laughs. "What's up. Is she here with him? No!!!" Both boys are now giving you their full attention, with just a slight nod of your head.
"Okay guys... y/n FRECA class of 22, is doing their photo shoot before everyone does track walks."

Last minute y/n steals one of the Prema jumpers. "No Mclaren to stand out?" Dino asks her. "Won't you get in trouble?" You shake your head and grab his hand and look lovingly at him. Which causes him to laugh and get more attention. You hear the audible sigh from her.
"Y/n.. wait up." Dino drops your hand as he hears the voice. "Yes Lando?" You spin to look at him. "Should you not be in papaya? Not Dino's Ferrari academy jacket. Here take mine, I'll get it back when I come back."
You bite your lip, looking at him. Taking in the contours of his face and his cheeky smile. "Yeah. Thanks. I thought it was the Prema jacket..." You watch as he shrugs off his jacket and hands it to you. "It's been a while since you've done this, so you and Dino? It a thing?"
You nod your head, not wanting to really talk to him, as he will guess you are lying and you don't want to overly chat with him.

Luckily you hear your name being shouted. "I best go. I'll give it to Jon. Thanks." You catch yourself staring into his eyes, as if it was normal, pre her.
Walking towards the group, you put the jacket on and can smell him. The familiar scent plays on your emotions.
As you stand between Paul and Dino, you feel tiny. But protected with them both being by your side.

As you walk down to the truck again, they tease you for getting Lando's jacket. You have even put Dino's back on, rather than having his scent fill your head.
Walking by Mclaren, you stick your head in and give Adam Norris. Lando's jacket. "Can you not stay? Have a coffee, Cisca would love a catch up with you."
You smile but feel the glare behind you. "I best be off right now, got my track walk. But I'm here all weekend, I'm sure we can get a catch up at some point, was just dropping this off."
You turn around and smile at Luisinha. "Hiya. Hope you enjoy your first weekend here." You say to her smiling, as you know it'll annoy her.

"Oh.. girl." You hear your boss's voice, clearly noticing your jacket. "So it's official is it? Are we losing you to Ferrari or one lucky boy is it?" He laughs. "Just a lucky lad.. could be worse. Could've been Mercedes. Catch up with you later? I need to go do my track walk." Zac laughs and nods his head. Your glad that you only see Lando whilst you are both out doing track walks. But then you don't really pay attention to him. You are deep in conversation and jokes with Paul and Dino.