[42]

|Problem Child?!|

---

⚠️ Death, Blood ⚠️

---

° • ° • °

《 Wednesday, 4:00 p.m. 》

<<O- Oh! I'm so sorry, Izuku! I shouldn't have pushed you like that. >> Hitoshi apologized and gave him an apologetic look - even if he didn't know if he was looking at him at all -.

<< It's okay. It was not your fault. It was mine. >> Izuku uttered quietly and turned his head to Hitoshi.

<< Mine. It was my fault. I couldn't save him. >> he repeated again, looking down at his hand. It was just a low murmur, but Hitoshi could hear it clearly.

Hitoshi wanted to say something. He had to say something, but no sound left his mouth. He didn't know how to cheer someone up in such a situation, so he tried like Shota or Hizashi did when he was sad.

<< You wanted to help him. You tried. Or? >> Hitoshi didn't wait for an answer and started to explain.

<< Heroes cannot save everyone, but only trying to save makes heroes. They are only human, just like me and you, but still they never give up . . . You are a hero, Izuku. You are my hero. >> Izuku ran something wet down his cheeks.

Tears. It didn't take long to think about what it was, but Izuku wanted to check his theory anyway and put his right hand to his cheek.

There were tears. For a few seconds he had nothing better to do than watch the transparent drops on his fingers slowly drip onto the bedspread.

[<< You are a hero, Izuku. You are my hero. >>]

⚠️ Trigger warning ⚠️

× × ×

Raindrops. That was the only thing you could hear besides Izuku's breath.

<< P-please! Don't do that, Zaki! There is always another way! >> pleaded a voice screaming.

Izuku's eyes were filled with tears and his vision was blurred as a result.

<< Hm. >> a soft voice could be heard humming as it continued on its way. On and on.

<< You know how much I like you or Izu-chan . . ? >> asked Zakima and turned a few times in circles with a slight smile on her face.

<< The rain is so beautiful! >> he giggled and looked up at the dark sky, which was only lit by the bright moonlight. Scattered raindrops fell on his slightly reddened cheeks and forehead.

<< Perfect! Just like that . . I always wanted to die !! >> he screamed with a smile and pulled his hands out of his brown jacket pocket.

Izuku didn't know what it was exactly, but he could see Zakima holding something tightly in his hand, as if he were afraid of accidentally letting it go.

<< No . . . Zakima, please stop! >> Izuku yelled loudly and wanted to run towards him, but he couldn't. It was in the ground up to his knees.

Zakima had used his quirk on him. The rain just got stronger and louder.

It almost hurt Izuku's skin, but he ignored it. It wasn't important. He had to save Zakima before—

<< I'm sorry, Izu-chan, so sorry, but you know I can't live like this anymore! It hurts so bad . . Every damn day! >> Zakima started crying too, but he used his dirty sleeve to just wipe them away.

<< That should be enough distance . . >> he mumbled quietly to himself and looked at the place where he was standing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- - - - --- - ---

<< Thank you, my hero . . >>

- - - --- - ----- - - - - - - -

Izuku's eyes widened so far in shock that his black pupils were barely visible.

Izuku slowly freed himself from his paralysis of shock, but he was still staring at Zakima's lifeless and bleeding body with tears in his eyes.

His eyes were only half closed and no matter how hard Izuku tried not to look into them, he couldn't take his green eyes from them.

.
.
.

He and Zakima were on a small hill a little further away from where they lived, which is why no one heard the loud and painful scream of the green-haired boy.

× × ×

⚠️ Trigger warning end ⚠️

<< I am not a hero. >>

.
.

<< For me you are. >>

° • ° • °

NOTE: THANKS FOR READING !

———