Adored

There was frequent and hard knocks on the other side of her trapdoor. She was slightly annoyed by the brash knocking but still told the person to come in.

The trapdoor flung open and Adrien came in. He then made a beeline for her bed then collapse on it, not saying a word to her.

"Adrien." He didn't answer. She stood up and sat next to him. "Adrien. What's wrong?"

He still didn't answer. She decided then that it was probably best to just be lay down beside him and quietly hug him because if he's this upset then it had to be something going on with his dad.

Then she felt herself shaking. She blinked and looked down at her arms. She wasn't shaking. Adrien was. When she realized this, he pulled her even closer to him.

"Adrien-"

"Do you love me?"

She was shocked with the sudden question. "W-what?"

"Do you love me?"

The shock look turned into one of confusion once the question sunk on to her mond. "Adrien, you know I-"

"Marinette, don't give me that "you know I love you" crap. I want a straight answer. Not the safe answer that can easily be a lie."

She stayed silent for a moment, contemplating the right thing say before she opens her mouth.

Finally coming up with something to say, she gently placed her hand on his wet cheek and turned his face in her direction. A sad smile grew on her face when she saw the fresh tear streaks and his watery eyes.

She lean in and gave him a slow and gentle kiss, not minding the salty taste of the tears.

She pulled away and smiled at the slightly confused look on his face. "Adrien if you want a straight answer here's one: I don't love you."

Adrien frowned. He was about to get out of bed but stopped when Marinette tightly grabbed his arm.

He looked back at her with a look of anger and confusion. She pulled him back down to the bed and moved so that her lips were close to his ear and whispered, "I don't love you because I adore you."

The anger in his eyes turned into pure love and endearment and his frown melted into a smile as he pulled her in for a passionate kiss.