Remembering Regret

"He loved you, you know." Someone walked up beside her. Marinette wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. "I know."

"You loved him."

"Apparently more than you did."

"I loved my son!" He raised his voice.

"Apparently not enough to quit your twisted obsession with the Miraculous," she whispered. She started tearing up again but she just let them fall. She didn't care if anybody sees her cry anymore.

"Everything I ever did was for my son."

"YOU KILLED HIM!" She yelled. Gabriel took a step back, shocked by her outburst. Her eyes were red and puffy There were dark rings under her eyes too. She was clearly sleep-deprived.

There was a heavy silence between them as she let her tears and sobs that she's been holding in out free while Gabriel stared at his son's grave, thinking about where it all went wrong.

"You know what the worst part is?" She asked, her voice a small whisper in the pouring rain. "That trap was meant for me. I was the one who was supposed to fall. But he pushed me out of the way. He sacrificed himself for me." Her voice cracked violently as she cried. Her angry eyes then turned to Gabriel. She grabbed the collar of his suit pulled him close to her face.

"But you, you were the one who made the trap. And I want you to remember that every time you look at his grave, a family photo, or one of his photoshoots. He is dead because of you!" She released his collar and stormed away, leaving Gabriel to think about his past actions and wallow in his own pity and grief.