Overexertion

Adrien burst through the fashion show's back stage door. Natalie was backstage with the models trying to get them in line and ready to walk the runway.

"Where is she?"

"She's resting in your waiting room. Alya is in there with her now."

He rushed past Natalie and the other models, who didn't say a word, knowing of the relationship between their boss's son and the fashion designer.

When he reached the door to the dressing room the door was locked. It took home three knocks before Alya opened it.

"What happened?"

"She fainted." Now he understood. Ever since his father hired her Marinette's been working her hardest, wanting impress him so bad that, much like now, she'd bite off more than she could handle.

It was these times that reminded him of their time as Ladybug and Chat Noir. Those nights where the akuma attacks would be extra ferocious. How his lady would stay awake, fighting late into the night until her eyes could barely stay open and her legs were so shaky that he had to help keep her upright. Old habits die hard.

"Where is she?"

"She's over there sleeping on the couch."

Adrien walked past Alya towards the couch. Just as Alya she was asleep. He kneeled on the floor in front of her. He smiled, gently combing locks of her hair hair between his fingers. Her eyes twitched a little before slowly opening. Dazed bluebell met stunning emerald. "Hey."

"Hey."

Neither noticed Alya in the background taking a picture, then silently congratulating herself for taking the flash off her phone(which she totally forgot to do almost every time they had cute moments like this and totally ruined the would-be adorable picture). She quietly tip-toed towards the door to give them some privacy. Neither heard the door shut behind her either.

"You overdid it again, Bugaboo."

"I'm sorry."

Adrien sighed. His hand slipped from her curls and her eyes followed him when he stood up. "Sit up."

Marinette lifted herself up to make enough room for Adrien; he sat where her head used to be and she rested her head in his lap. He went back to combing through her hair and she leaned into his touch.

Someone started knocking on the door, "Adrien? You're needed back on the walkway for the final walk!"

"Do it without me!" Marinette was about to protest before Adrien covered her mouth with his hand.

"But sir-"

"Do it without me, Nathalie!"

Nathalie sighed from the other side of the door, "Yes sir." The sound of her footsteps faded as she walked back down the wall. When her footsteps completely faded, Marinette sat up, well tried to. Adrien wrapped his arm underneath the swell of her breast and tugged her to his chest. "And just where are you going?"

"You're needed back on stage."

"You're more important."

"But-"

Adrien crashed his lips to hers, his own sweet way of telling her to shut up. She melted into the kiss, forgetting whatever protest she was about to make.

Marinette flushed heavily when he pulled away and tucked her head into his shoulder to try to hide her embarrassment, especially when she realized she was breathing heavier than him, but she knew he had already seen her blush when he chuckled.

"You're taking tomorrow off."

"But-"

"Mari."

She sighed, "Fine."