Rest

They narrowly escaped. Hawkmoth had gotten the tip that his akumas are too "free-willed" and upped his influence on his newest akuma Shockwave, making her harder to fight as she did everything Hawkmoth demanded quick and in a hurry.

She was so close to stealing both their miraculouses. Her attacks came do fast that they could hardly breathe.

Fortunately they were able to escape but not without a few scratches. Chat suffering the most. Ladybug struggled with her injuries but manged to carry Chat to the closest building in Paris that Shockwave had left untouched. (1) Le Ciel Endormi is a mattress store that temporarily closed. Luckily they still had a few mattresses left in stock.

Ladybug gently laid Chat down on one of the store's mattresses before collapsing beside him.

It was so easy to just give into sleep until she ready to get back up and fight with how tired she was. She rolled onto her side and watched her partner.

It's strange how he looked somewhat peaceful after what had happened. Chat had gotten it worse, being strangled while a hundred volts of electricity was surged into his body. Thankfully the suit protected him from further harm.

The handprint bruise around his neck is still a vibrant red. Hopefully it'll heal fast so he won't have to explain it when he gets home.

Chat rolled onto his right side when Ladybug gently rubbed the brownish-red bruise on his cheek. She smiled softly and scooted closer to him, trying to give him as much warmth as she could, and closed her eyes.

"M-My Lady?" Chat's eyes slowly open, or at least tried to. Sleep clouded his eyes as he manged to squint at her in his sleep dazed state.

"I'm right her. It's okay. Go back to sleep."

He yawned, "Mkay." His eyes closed and the light snores she heard proved he's sleeping.

A graceful smile grazed her lips," Good night kitty." Her eyes softly closed and slept until both of them were healed and could fight again.