Freedom

Adrian laid on his bed enraged at his father.

Just because he had missed one photoshoot, he was grounded for a month! He wouldn't even listen to his excuse for skipping! Ever since Adrian's mother disappearance it hasn't been the same in the Agreste household. Gabriel buried himself in his work, blocking out all his emotions that weren't beneficial for business. Adrian grew empty inside. Without his mother's warmth and with his father's neglection towards him, he didn't have a reason to feel happiness or joy.

Now were the times he thought about how different his life would be if his mother never disappeared. Would he have ever went to Collége Françoise Dupont? Would he have ever met all the wonderful friends he has now? Would he have ever became Chat Noir and met Ladybug? These questions always seemed to come to mind when he has a quiet moment to think.

Light tapping at his window disrupted his thoughts. He looked towards his window to see the energetic bluebell eyes and the teasing grin of his lady.

A smile tugged at his lips as he slid off the bed and walked over towards her to open one of the windows.

Adrian's smile changed into a smirk when she landed in his room, "Any reason why my lady chose to bless her kitty with her appearance?"

There was a flash of pink light the Ladybug, now Marinette plopped down on his bed while Tikki flew off somewhere to find Plagg. "I came to check up on you. You weren't acting like yourself earlier."

"Glad to know my lady cares."

"Chat," she whined sitting up from her lounging position to get a good look at him.

He sighed then laid down beside her on the bed. "Remember when I told you I had to miss my photoshoot to help you at the bakery?" She nodded. "Well dad wasn't too thrilled."

"What did he do?"

"Grounded for a month. You should have seen how angry he looked. I'm pretty sure I'd he yelled at me any longer that vein poking out of his forehead would've burst."

Marinette frowned at Adrian's vain attempt at humor. She laid back down beside him and snuggled into his chest, trying to give him at least some comfort. A little of her happiness came back when he wrapped his arm around her. "I'm sorry I got you in trouble."

"It's fine. You didn't mean to. I didn't want to go to the photoshoot anyway."

They laid in their cuddling position for a while: him laying on his back with his arm wrapped around her and her snuggled into his side. Their kwamis flew in and sat on the pillows of the bed. Marinette stared at the couple before getting an idea. "You could sneak out."

Adrian looked down at her confused.

"You know, sneak out as Ladybug and Chat Noir. Nobody will come and check on you for a while and besides, you owe me for last patrol."

Adrian grinned, "Well if it is what my lady wishes."

Marinette practically leaped off the bed tugging Adrian up with her.

"Tikki spots on!"

"Plagg claws out!"

Together, as Ladybug and Chat Noir, they jumped out the window, leaving imprisonment behind for as long as could and running through Paris, the once dorment freedom awakening within them until the handcuffs of confinement bounds them again.