Surprise!!

Marinette and Alya were laughing as they walked down the street. It was almost midnight in Paris, so the streets were pretty empty. It would've been creepy if they weren't together.

"How awesome was that party!" Alya was grinning ear to ear shaking her head to shake off the confetti thats still in her hair.

"It was amazing. Too bad Adrian wasn't able to make it."

"His flight lands at twelve. We can tell him about the party tomorrow."

"I guess..."

Alya made sure that Marinette had her keys before telling her 'good night' and walking off towards her own house. The bakery was so dark that she had to feel her way around to get to the stairs. She prayed that her clumsiness wouldn't backfire on her now.

She sighed in relief when she made it to her room without waking her parents up. She opened the door and fumbled trying to turn the lights on. When she found the light switch and flicked it up, her jaw dropped...

Her room was filled with red rose petals and other just as sweet gifts. A new sketchbook wrapped in a red ribbon, a new sewing kit, and a plastic bag full of candy laid on her bed beside a mini-sized Cat Noir plushie.

Arms wrapped around her from behind and pulled her against their chest. Marinette cheeks felt hot but she was smiling nevertheless when she fell their breath warm against her ear as they whispered...

"Happy Birthday Princess."