Fireworks

"Tell me again why we had to suit up and ditch our friends when we should be spending time with them."

"Come on milady. I told you I had something to show you."

"But the fireworks show is just about to start and Alya and Niño will be looking for us," Ladybug reasoned while trying half-heartedly to wrestle herself out of Chat Noir's grip on her wrist.

"They'll be fine. They have each other. Besides, they probably think that we sneaked off somewhere together anyway."

He feigned hurt after Ladybug swatted him on the shoulder but chuckled after seeing her prominent rosy blush. "Just finish showing me whatever it is that you wanted to show me."

A mischievous smile that instantly chilled her to the bones grace his handsome face. He let go of her wrist and instead walked behind her and covered her eyes with his hands.

"C-chat! What're you-"

"Shh. Trust me. 3...2...1."

BOOM

Ladybug gasped and Chat uncovered her eyes. The first two fireworks of the firework show was popped and erupted into beautiful red and green light across the sky.

Chat propped his head on her shoulder, enjoying her look of awe before whispering in her ear, "The fireworks look so much better from here, don't they?"

He gently kissed her on the cheek, "Happy 4th of July, mon petite insecte."

"Happy 4th of July, mon minou."