Thanks for waiting for me

Sure Spain is beautiful this time of year. The flowers are blooming and their blooms furried down from the sky carrying a sweet smell along the streets and the air was a cool breeze from yesterday's rain. Everyone in town is so lively. But he's just not into today.

So he's just leaning on the aluminum railing of the balcony outside of his room in his two-story apartment, brooding. Today marked one month later. And Ladybug was nowhere in sight.

"Are you still moping over that girl?" Gabriel had grown his hair out. The tips of his hair now just about reaching his shoulders and small peppery goatee that he'd kept well maintained before they'd even came to Spain.

"Not today, Dad."

"I just don't understand why you're so infatuated with this girl. Tell me, my son. In just a few years, would you even remember the color of her eyes?"

"And you tell me, father." He turned around and instead leaned his back against the cream colored railing. "Do you still remember the color of mom's eyes. She has been dead for over 5 years."

"You're mother and I had been married for over 16 year."

"That doesn't answer my question."

A moment of silence. "You actually think you're in love."

"I don't think I'm in love with her, I know I am."

Another moment of silence. There was a flash of emotion in Gabriel's eyes but it was gone before he could identify it. "Well if you know you're in love then be my quest. Believe in her words. Wait on that balcony for these last few hours for her to come. But don't come crying to me if she doesn't show up."

"Get out."

Gabriel raised an eyebrow. "You would kick your own father out of your house."

A quick transformation and cataclysm raged in his hand. "I won't ask again."

Gabriel raised his hands in surrender before he left silently, leaving Adrien his thoughts. He let go of his transformation once he saw Gabriel drive out of the driveway.

The sun is about to set. The sky was a blaze of orange, purple, and pink. What if she didn't show come? Maybe he was hanging on too strongly to her words.

He pushed himself off the railing and started to walk back to his bedroom.

There was a thump landing behind him. His heart skipped a beat.

The tell-tale red and black spotted suit made his heart stop.

Her bluebell eyes twinkled in the sunset and a genuine smile made him smile in return. "Thanks for waiting for me."