Assassins AU

Weary from chasing down akumas, Cat Noir raced from building top to building top, hastily trying to get home for a good nap.

Lately Hawkmoth has been swift in sending out his akumas, leaving him and his partner, Ladybug, fatigued.

Cat finally reached the apartment he stayed in. He let out a sigh of relief and ran his slightly bruised hand through his shaggy blonde hair.

He made sure to be furtive as he jumped into the open apartment window and while walking through the halls towards his door. But then curiosity took ahold of him when he saw his door slightly ajar.

Reaching behind him for his katana blade, he prudently treked towards his door.

The door swung open and Cat drew his katana. After examining the room he concluded that nothing was out of the ordinary and put his sword back in its sheath.

However after a few steps into his apartment his second sense for danger kicked in and helped him dodge an incoming attack.

Landing on the other side of the room, he saw the intruder. She was dressed head to toe in a red and black assassin's uniform and he dropped his fighting stance, identifying her immediately.

"Ladybug? What are y-" Ladybug sprinted towards him with her hidden blade in tow and aiming for his neck. Fortunately he wasn't that dazed to quickly block her blade with his katana, creating sparks as they clashed.

"How about a little wager, kitty?" Ladybug purred. "Whoever pins the other for up to 3 seconds can be the dominant one. Deal?"

He smirked roguishly as his dreariness turned into excitement, "Deal."

She smiled and back flipped to the other side of the room. She held up three fingers and brought down each one as she counted down.

Once the third went down she once again charged and swiped his blade underneath her feet to try and knock her off balance. But she flipped over his invading blade and quickly turned to him and landed the first hit by punching him in his shoulder.

They traded hits with each other; some dodged and some landing full blows, so desperate to win that they almost had forgotten what they were really fighting about.

Ladybug aimed her fist towards his shoulder and expecting the attack, he dodged it but what he didn't expect was her grabbing his arm and body slammed him onto the ground.

It wasn't hard enough to cause a bruise but it was hard enough to cause pain and knocked the breath out of him. But he recovered quickly and grabbed her leg to pull it towards him. She tripped and he swiftly straddled her before he had a chance to get up.

Both of the two were panting but never broke eye contact as they tried to catch their breath.

"So I guess you win," Ladybug said breathlessly.

"I guess I did."

She teasingly smiled, "Well. Aren't you going to collect your prize?"

He smiled and leaned down to capture her lips in a beatific liplock.