Wait for me

Paris was beautiful at night. From above, it was a swirl of lambet colors.

Each one of the millions of luminescence, colorful dots representing a Parisian. It's amazing if you think about it.

Marinette enjoyed this view, leaning on the railing with only a black denim jacket to protect her from the nipping cold. She stared down at Paris with a blank stare, her eyes red from crying and burning from irritation, memories from the past running through her head.

"I knew I'd find you here." Adrian stood a few steps behind her with his hands stuffed inside his hoodie's pocket.

Marinette just kept staring ahead. He was worried but he didn't speak on it.

They stood in silence, just staring at Paris at night and listening to the somewhat soothing sound of cars honking and driving by below them.

"Do you remember when this was our meeting place. How every night after our parents went to sleep we would come here?"

Adrian chuckled, "How could I forget. Though it feels kinda strange to be up here without the suits."

"I wonder how they're doing."

"Tikki's probably fine but knowing Plagg he's probably whining over Camembert and being bored out of his mind."

Marinette cracked a smile at the attempt at humor, "You don't mean that. You miss him just as much as I miss Tikki."

He scoffed, "He'll always be the same old Plagg, fussy and lazy till the very end. Though yeah, I do miss him."

A sad smile graced her lips, "All good things have to come to an end eventually."

Adrian sighed, "Marinette..."

"I can't believe that you're leaving," Marinette so softly whispered.

"I won't be gone that long Mari."

"How are two years not long?"

"I'll be back as soon as those two years are up. And in between those two years, there are a lots of ways that we can talk with each other."

"But it won't be the same Adrian!" Marinette whipped around to face him. Tears were building up in the corners of her eyes. "Writing each other letters and talking to each other through a screen isn't the same as being together face-to-face!"

Those tears now fell freely down her cheeks. Adrian gently pulled her into a hug and held her as she violently sobbed into his hoodie.

He softly whispered in her ear, "Be patient, Buggaboo. I'll be back. All you have to do is wait for me."

Her sobs had slowly died down into small whimpers. She nodded into his shoulder. "Of course I will kitten."

And he stood there holding her until Marinette shivered from the biting cold air.

"Let's go back down. You'll catch a cold if you stay up here any longer."

"No!" Marinette clutched his hoodie a little harder. "Just a few more minutes."

Adrian sighed, "Just a little while longer Mari."