You could have died!

When he opened his eyes he was in his bathroom in bathtub that was filled with water that was tinted pink.

His limbs were sore when he tried to lift them and he couldn't find the strength to try to stand up. So he leaned against the back if the tub and tried to calm his muscles.

"You're up." Chat turned his head to see his beloved wife in the entryway of the bathroom with a pink washcloth that had been white but was stained with what he's glad to know was his blood.

"Did I blackout?" He eased his arm out from the tub and reached for his beloved's hand.

"No." Marinette slowly kneeled down beside the tub and entwined her hands with his. "You only took a small nap. Carapace carried you back to the car."

'I have to thank him for that then,' Adrien thought. A rival mobster gang, the Akumas, had ambushed them. Chat's gang came out with a few bruises but there came a mishaps where Carapace had let his guard down for only a moment and an Akuma member took that as an opportunity.

But instead of the bullet going Carapace's chest, it went through Chat's arm. Chat had pushed Carapace out of the way and had taken the bullet for him. The shooter met his own end though when Chat's bullet went through his chest. But the bullet wound and his other injuries became too much for him, and he passed out.

"I patched up your bullet wound and your other injuries. They've stopped bleeding for now." Her voice was so faint while she was talking about his wounds that when she said he was going to be okay, he didn't know if she was saying that for him or himself.

Marinette refused to meet Chat's eyes. She stood back up and focused on cleaning the first aid kit materials and washcloths. But he knew she was distressed when she started scrubbing blood out of the cloths that wasn't there. "Marinette?"

"You could've died." Her voice cracked. She sniffed and wiped the stray tears from her eyes before Chat before could see. But he saw them.

"Come here." Marinette slowly walked back beside the tub and tightly held on to his still outstretched hand. "You could've died, Chat. If that bullet would've hit any vital organs then..."

"If I hadn't have taken that bullet then Cara would been dead or seriously injured. I couldn't have let that happen. Not when there was something I could've done.' He gently cupped her cheek, swiping his thumb under her eyes to wipe away her falling tears.

"I know. But sometimes I wonder if you actually know the meaning of self-preservation."

"Of course I do. I have to come back home to you and our daughter after all."

Marinette grinned as a few tears puddled in the corners of her eyes. She rested her head in the crook of his neck. "How is she by the way?"

"She's asleep. She tried to stay up and wait for you to come home to read her a bedtime story and tuck her into bed.:

Chat sighed. "Great now I feel even worse."

Marinette patted his chest. "You'll be here in the morning to make it up to her. When Carapace and Rena brought you back I gave precise orders that you are not to be disturbed for the rest of the weekend unless it's an emergency."

It was Chat's turn to grin. "Have I ever told you how much I love you,"

"About 20 times a day I think."

"Well a mobster wife should always know how thoroughly loved she is." He kissed a path from her cheek to the crown of the crown of her head before nibbling on the sensitive skin behind her ears.

"Well you can thoroughly show your love for me when your cuts and bruises have completely healed." Chat quotes as Marinette moved away from the tub and stood up.

"Wash up and come to bed when you're finished." She left and shut the door behind her.

Chat sat in the tub for awhile then started to wash up and scrub the blood that had crusted up and dried from his skin. He then tried to wrestle his aching limbs into the dry clothes Marinette had laid out for him.

When he left the bathroom he found Marinette she had changed into a nightgown and was reading a book with the lamp on and the cover pulled over her legs.

"'How to Handle A Mafia Boss.' Really? That's pretty insulting." He said just as he was crawling under the covers.

"I had found it at the library and found it funny." Marinette said as she closed the book and set it on the nightstand beside her. "But from what just happened maybe I should start reading it." Marinette laughed when she saw Chat's pout.

"If you're having problems being a my wife-"

Marinette quickly slanted her lips over his to shut him up before quickly pulling away. "I love being your wife. It's just sometimes stressful with your line of work and worrying about if your okay or not."

"I try not you worry or envolve you and Emma as much as I can."

"I know that and you;re doing a great job. You, me, Emma, and the rest of the mobsters are the best mafia family ever."

A grin stretched onto Chat's face. "The best?"

She gently tilted his chin up and kissed him softly on the lips. "The bestest."