Secret Admirer

"Marinette, that dress is beautiful."

Marinette was showing Alya her new dress. It was a strapless sweetheart neckline that flared out at the skirt and it's embroidered royal blue pattern reminded her of a starry night sky. "But don't you think it's a little bit too much?"

"Marinette, you got this as a gift. You are not about to find some way to talk yourself out of wearing the dress and try to send it back." Alya looked back and forward from the box the dress came out of back to the dress. "Though that dress looks expensive. And it is strange that they know your home address. Are you really not going to tell me who's been buying you all of these gifts?"

By gifts she means the dozens of roses that was in her room when she came back from school one day. And the new rolls of fabric was on her desk when she woke up a month ago. Now the dress she was wearing that she had admired from its place in a store window about a week ago was mailed to her house.

"I'm serious, Alya. I have no idea who he is." She avoided eye contact while she said this. "Then are you sure you don't want me to call the police? Because I will if you want me to."

"No!" She panicked before realizing her mistake. "I mean, you don't have to. I can handle this myself."

"Well… if you say so. I have to go. Mom's expecting me home in 15 minutes. See ya later girl. And don't you dare get rid of that dress"

Marinette just huffed when she heard her fiery friend thunder down the steps. She turned back towards her mirror to scrutinize herself in the dress when a gentle gust of wind blew through her room.

'But I didn't open the window.'

When she turned her window was cracked open and a note was on her bed.

~A princess as beautiful as yourself deserves beautiful things. Hope you like the dress~ Your Kitten

A small grin teases her lips. 'Silly kitty.'