Moon

You've always said that when you die, you'll wait for me on the moon. Of course whenever you said it. I would always carelessly laugh and kiss your temple because I didn't know that time would come so fast.

FLASHBACK

I was finally time. It was time to confront Hawkmoth. At first it looked like the fight was pointing in our favor. We had Hawkmoth on the ground panting with multiple bruises while we were fine with barely a scratch.

We thought we had won. We thought we took him down.

But that was our mistake. We shouldn't have underestimated him.

He was on the ground; and thinking he was unconscious we almost jumped in joy. Then you turned towards me with your eyes sparkling with mirth and a joy filled smile then you raised your fist for our celebratory hand shake.

That's when it happened.

It all happened in slow motion. A gasp tore through your lips and your smile turned into your mouth slightly agape and the sparkle left your eyes and was replaced with shock. Behind you was Hawkmoth with a wicked grin on his face as he yanked his cane out of your chest.

I cought you before you fell to the ground and held you to my chest. You hoarsely gasped and pressed your left hand against the wound while I tightly held your right one. I yelled her name when you began to cough up blood; or at least I think I did, everything sounded so far away at this.

You weakly turned your head towards me and offered me a comforting smile, which did nothing to comfort me even though you tried your best. Your eyes then closed and you breathed your last breath. You died in my arms. I held you tightly to my chest and cried, my tears falling on and trailing down your cheek.

FLASHBACK ENDS

After that I thought I would never 'live' again. I walked around half dead until my, I mean our friends, gave me a reality check. But what really snapped me out of it was the mention of what you would've wanted me to do. I healed and every time I thought of your death, I just thought of what you told me.

Now whenever I look up at the moon, I see your beautiful face.