Visiting the past

He stared at him through the bulletproof glass. His eyes were cold as steel, his arms crossed over the small counter before reaching up to pick up the small land-line phone on the wall and pressed it to his ear.

"Hello son."

"Hello father." Adrien stared at his father. His eyes were slightly more sunken in but were still as harsh and calculating as ever. He didn't have an novelties in jail so he couldn't hide his succumbing to old age and Adrien thought he must have been lifting weights because he wasn't as lanky as he remembered. "How are you holding up?"

"Fine considering my current conditions."

"You have noone to blame but yourself for ending up here."

"What I did was necessary to bring your mother back!"

"What you did caused harm and destruction to the people of Paris. Mom wouldn't have wanted it this way."

"How do you know!" The guard by the door hovered his hand over his gun. Gabriel was yelling now, Adrien had obviously hit a soft spot. "I was doing this for us! For us to become a family again! But you had to betray me! For that girl!"

Adrien narrowed his eyes, "If it was up to you who would you chose? The girl who known since high school and has gives you nothing but love and a shoulder to lean on, or the man who practically abandoned you and left you wondering every day if you deserved his love or not? Which one dad?"

"But I did love you son."

He nodded, his eyes were watering. "I know dad. I just wish you would've shown it more often."

"It's time," Adrien watched as his father stood up and walked out the room to his cell escorted by the guard before leaving himself.

He was standing outside drying his eyes when his phone rang. "Hello."

"Adrien? Are you okay? You sound like you've been crying."

"I'm okay. I just went to go visit my dad."

"Did he say something? I can come down there if-"

"No. I'm alright. He didn't say anything."

"Well if you say so. I'm almost home now."

"I'll see you there Bugaboo." He sighed as he stuffed his phone into his back pocket and made his way to his Mercedes Benz. Without looking back at the jailhouse, he got in his Mercedes and drove home to his wife, his new family.