Chapter 3. Meeting The Fox

Naruto looked up at the Kyuubi while slowly crawling away backwards trying to get away from it.

"H-how are y-you here, I was told you died by the fourths hand" said Naruto looking at the Kyuubi in fear.

Kurama looked at Naruto for a moment then sighed and laid his head on his hands before he spoke.

"I was never killed I was sealed inside of you to protect your village and to protect you. Your forth Hokage gave his life to seal me in you because of a man powerful enough to control me". Said Kurama.

"W-what... Why would the fourth give his life to seal you into me and why would you protect me?" Asked Naruto confused.

"Who else could he trust other than his own son and I respected your mother and she asked me to protect you in her stead" said Kurama shocking Naruto.

"Wait.. so that means... I'm the son of the.. fourth Hokage" said Naruto in shock.

"Indeed you are kit and your the heir to, two of the three most powerful clans to ever walk the earth" said Kurama with a hint of respect in his voice "your heir to the Senju clan who were known for their strength and being able to endure as well as fighting those blasted Uchiha. Your father was the son of Tsunade Senju and Jiraya of the sanin. your Mother was daughter of the previous Uzukage of the Uzumaki clan that lived in Uzushiogakure. They were known for Fuinjutsu and Kenjutsu as well as their longevity. Your mother was the princess of the country which makes you the the prince and heir to the throne".

Naruto looked at Kurama wide eyed and in shock for what he just said "wait.. but my last name has always been Namikaze why would Jiji lie to me about that?".

"Because of human hatred.. if some people found out you exist and we're their son they would stop at nothing to kill you even if it meant declaring war" said Kurama.

Naruto looked down and walked to the bars of the cage then looked up at Kurama. "Um Mr Kyuubi... Did they love me... I know Jiji tells me they do but... Since you were with my mom..."

"Much like your Hokage said, they did indeed love you. When your mom found out she was pregnant it took 3 squads of Anbu and 5 squads of Jonin along with your dad and grandparents. To stop her from running around screaming it" said Kurama which received a smile from Naruto.

"You know... Your not like what everyone says... I think your just misunderstood" said Naruto making Kurama's eyes widen slightly. "If you were a mindless beast like everyone says then we wouldn't be here having this conversation. You'd probably be trying to kill me and demand that I let you out, plus... You agreed with my mom's request to protect me. So... Thank you Kyuubi and I hope that one day maybe... We can be friends".

Kurama stared at Naruto wide eyed for a while "is he the one father.." thought Kurama. "I respected your family and besides I don't need friends".

"That's not true everyone needs a friend even you and if your okay with it I'd like to be yours" said Naruto as he took a step into the cage and walked to Kurama.

Kurama looked at him shocked that this boy would willingly walk into his cage even though he could easily kill him.

"... ... ... I don't know about friend but If you want to work together you'll have to earn my respect like your mother did" said Kurama as he closed his eyes.

"That's fine but maybe one day" said Naruto before he placed a hand on Kurama's snout making his eyes snap open. "We can be friends and I'd like to your first friend Kyuubi".