Chapter 29. Preparing For The Chunin Exams

Naruto, Shikamaru, Hana and Kakashi we're all heading back to Konoha, Hana managed to help the doctors back in sooner find a cure to help all the sick citizens.

But before they did leave Naruto noticed one thing, Garra seemed to follow them around, but always kept his distance and simply observed them. A couple times when this happened, that girl named Temari would talk to Naruto, but she did seem kind of scared plus confused.

Naruto was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard Kakashi speak "Only a couple more hours, we are now on the main road".

"Finally, now I can sleep in more" muttered Shikamaru.

"You slept through most of this trip" said Naruto.

"Not enough though, besides it was such a drag to have to head all the way to Suna" Shikamaru said.

"A typical Nara" thought the others.

They continued to head through the forest when a puff of smoke appeared and Gamakichi was on Naruto's shoulder.

"Hey bro sorry for bothering ya but Jiraiya says he has a important message for you" said Gamakichi.

"Sure go ahead".

The toad then leaned in to his ear to whisper it "he said that Tayuya will meet you at the same location as last time, from the message he got, she has very important information".

"Not that I'm complaining, why isn't he meeting the spy?" Whispered Naruto.

"He's all the way out near Iwa, he's investigating sudden movement of over 3 battalions of ninja" whispered Gamakichi.

Kakashi's keen ears heard this and it made him nervous, the Chunin exams were coming up and from what him and the other Jonin have been told there is a very high chance that Orochimaru will try to infiltrate the village. The last thing Konoha needs is Iwa getting involved in this and possibly starting a war, not only that but while in Suna he did notice that tensions between him and his team with the Suna ninja we're higher than normal.

"Alright I'll go, but tell Jiji when he comes back to train me, I want him to show me how he does the giant Rasengan, I can't keep it well balanced" whispered Naruto.

Gamakichi nodded his head and disappeared in a puff of smoke.

"Go ahead Naruto I'll inform Hokage-sama, though I will send a clone with you just so Tsunade doesn't kill me" said Kakashi.

"Fine but know that the clone has to stay far away from me" said Naruto before he turned and ran off in a different direction.

Shikamaru narrowed his eyes watching this, then seeing Kakashi make a clone that trailed after him. First was a toad suddenly appearing and whispering it into his ear and then suddenly Naruto leaves with Kakashi sending a clone to follow him, this could only mean that Naruto was apart of Jiraiya's spy network, why else would he suddenly leave like that.

"Troublesome..." Grumbled Shikamaru.

Hana looked at the direction Naruto disappeared to and sighed, she was hoping to talk to him more since he was nice to talk to and also unlike a good amount of the men around her own age, he isn't  trying to get in her pants.

With Naruto he ran for over a hour until he arrived at the location, a bit of a ways away was Kakashi's clone that was far enough away to not alert Tayuya but was close enough in case something happened.

Naruto went to the same tree as last time and he sat on the ground with his legs crossed and began to meditate like Jiraiya taught him. It only took about half an hour before he sensed her chakra coming towards him.