Chapter 31. Politics And The Forest Of Death

(1 Week ago).

Inside the Hyuga compound in the main branch household, Hiashi and his brother Hizashi were both in a meeting with the elders, Hizashi was only here to act as a representative for the branch family and nothing more.

"This isn't good.." said one of the elders as he stroked his chin "the Senju boy is getting stronger and not only that but with him rebuilding both the Uzumaki and Senju clan, our prestige and power will start to weaken".

"I agree, Hiashi you need to encourage your daughter more to talk to this boy so he'll form an attachment, then once that happens they shall be engaged and we'll place the caged bird seal on her to ensure none of her children will have the Byakugan" said Hiashi and Hizashi's father. "Hinata is too weak and this will finally make her useful since then we can manipulate the two clans from the inside and have her convince Naruto to give the Hyuga more of the clans powers and rights along with Jutsus".

The other 9 elders nodded in agreement and Hizashi saw in the corner of his eye that Hiashi's closed hand tightened even more, though his face didn't change at all.

"Father that may work but we have to remember, Tsunade is still the clan head for the Senju and she'll see this strategy from a village away" said Hiashi.

"Don't worry, we'll be taking care of that, and soon she won't be of any concern to us or the village, our main goal now is to get Hinata to marry Naruto, then if possible we have him marry branch members so then his children will only be Hyuga" said another elder who stroked the slight stubble on his chin.

"That would be a very good idea, though we will have to be careful given the boy will have lots of political and military protection, from what Hiashi told us, the Anbu and Jonin of the village love him because of his seals he sells" said an elder.

"Hmm we won't need to worry about about that for too much longer, once he's married with our clan members we'll manipulate him into making it so that the seals are exclusively sold by the Hyuga. Also we shall have him commission a new seal to add to the bird cage seal which will make it even stronger" said Hiashi and Hizashi's father.

"Hiashi do you have any other important news?" His father said.

"Nothing is certain but I've heard rumors that Hokage-sama is going to make Tsunade-sama his successor" he said.

"Hmm she would be a good choice but that would make it harder for us to force the marriage... We should call in some favors to either stop it or delay it until the marriage contract is signed" said a elder at the end of the room.

The rest nodded their heads in agreement at that statement "we should try and get it sent through before the Chunin Exams finish and if Tsunade denies it for too much longer we should get the Daimyo involved" said an elder.

Before the conversations could continue a knock on the door was heard before it was partially opened "please forgive me Elders, Hiashi-sama, but an Anbu is here and wished to speak to Hiashi-sama about the usual plans for the Chunin exams".

"I see, tell the Anbu I shall be with them in a moment" said Hiashi who then received a nod in understanding before the branch member left.

"You may leave now Hiashi, these talks are done for now, but remember you must get your daughter to marry Naruto, even if you must force her too" said his father.

Hiashi showed no emotion and nodded his head and left, but on the inside he was boiling with rage against his father and the other elders. They saw the branch family and his daughter as nothing more than tools and the females as breeding stock.

He clicked his tongue in anger, thinking about it reminded him way to much of Danzo, though he was sure the elders have been meeting with said man, but they won't tell him since they don't fully trust him anymore.