34

Jisung looked around like a lost puppy, cellphone in hand and a skipping heart as he stood on the line for Starbucks.

"You still have time, Jisung, stop being dramatic." The voice on the other side said, and the guy sighed.

"He promised he would be here, Chuu. What if he-"

"Stop thinking negative, you idiot! Your plane leaves in two hours, he probably got stuck in traffic or something."

"It's 6am he probably is still sleeping-"

"He would not chose sleep over you, can you breathe for one second and let me talk?" Jisung took a deep breath like the girl instructed, and took another step closer to the counter. "Just get your damn coffee and tell Felix to answer my texts because if that bitch doesn't bring me my perfume I will strangle him."

"I will."

"And don't think too much about it. Minho would never let you leave Paris without having a super romantic goodbye in the middle of the airport with you."

"One second. Hi, yes I would like-"

"You are not seriously talking over me right now-"

"Shut up, I'm trying to order the coffee. You know what? I'll call you later, Chuu."

"Toxic."

"Love you too." He hanged up, and smiled at the girl on the counter. "So sorry."

"No worries, I got what you asked for, that will be 5,50€." She spoke in English, and the squirrel like boy nodded, reaching for his wallet. "Your girlfriend?"

"What?"

"Who you were talking too?"

Jisung gulped at the look she gave him, almost forgetting to count the money in his hand.

"Ahm, no. No, my ex girlfriend actually."

Her smile got bigger.

"Oh, so you're single right now?"

Jisung cleared his throat.

"No, not really."

She backed away a bit, smile faltering and then coming back a bit different.

"Oh, so sorry, then. I was about to ask you for your number."

Jisung sighed in relief, smiling back and giving her the money.

"No worries."

"Here's your change, can I have your name for your order? I promise I won't stalk you on Instagram."

The boy chuckled at the joke and nodded.

"It's Jisung."

"Perfect, you just have to wait now, thank you!"

He smiled once again, moving back to the waiting area and took his phone out to call Chuu again.

"Backstabber."

"The girl that took my order wanted to ask for my number."

Chuu gasped on the other side of the line.

"No way! What the hell does she see in you?"

"Hey! Not cool. You saw it in me too."

"Have I told you that I use glasses now? Since I came back to Korea I-"

"Funny."

She was laughing on the other side, and Jisung simply stared at the balcony with a soft smile on his face too. He was grateful for her, like he had always been but in a better way then. Chuu had taken a few days for herself, and then she had called, telling him about Yves, about her college that she visited and the house she would stay in. She was with him on the phone when he finally got the courage to open his computer and apply for college as well, and even though he knew he would get answers later than his friends, and that he had little chance of getting in on that year because of the timing, it felt good.

It feel like he had a path, or was fighting for one, at least.

"They're calling me, I'll hang up now and tell you when we're getting on the flight."

"Alright, keep me posted, love you!"

"Love you too."

An hour later he was sitting next to Felix close to their gates, the Starbucks coffee empty by his side.

"He's not coming."

"Don't be silly."

"He's not even answering you!" Jisung buried his face in his hands and Seungmin rubbed his back. "He's probably-"

"We are not going to give up on this." Chan's voice was firm, but Jisung could see the doubt in his eyes.

"Maybe it is hard for him to see Jisung Hyung go." Jeongin's voice was heard above the whispers, and all heads turned to him. "I know it's not what we want to hear, but it's a very probable scenario. Knowing Minho Hyung, I bet he has been sitting outside the airport for hours contemplating wether he should come in or not." He shrugged, and Chan sighed next to him. "I know. Not what I should be saying, you can get mad at me later but I'm only saying this because I also know that there's two options from here." Jeongin looked into Jisung's eyes, with a small smile. "Wether you take the first step right now and go to him outside, or by the time he convinces himself to come in you'll be on that plane and you'll both regret it forever."

"That was too dramatic."

"And yet, you know I'm right."  the youngest glarred at Seungmin.

"You really think he's here? Somewhere?"

Jeongin nodded.

"I do, Hyung, I really do."

Jisung stared at the floor for a few seconds, lips pressed into a line as his mind repela yes the day before. Their last day in Paris, Minho's red eyes all day, the way he never let go of the younger's hand.

That was no time to doubt the older's feelings for him.

"I'll go look for him, then."

Jeongin helped him up, taking the cup in his hand and pushing him slightly.

"Do you really think he is here? He hasn't answered anyone." Chan looked between the now running boy and the youngest of their group with a worried gaze.

Jeongin scoffed, chuckling.

"I saw his sad ass sitting on the west entrance when i went to get food an hour ago."

"And you didn't tell anyone?" Felix's eyes widened and everyone looked at the youngest again.

"What?" Jeongin shrugged. "I told you now."

—————

I love Jeongin

That was it, that was the commentary

Alexa play Taste by danceracha

For those of you who do not avoid spoilers, how are we after watching this? 😭