Champions

AN: Oh my God, I am so sorry. I know that I have apologized throughout this fic multiple times, and at this point it probably holds no weight. But, I promise you. I'm in a writing mood, and this fic? Should be done by the end of the month! Yes. It's been a very long time coming, 7 years basically. But thank you for sticking with me. So without further adieu!

-----

Everything following states was a complete dream. Along with getting the koa trophy, came the banner for the armory. Whenever a team won any BIIF or State tournament, the team got to go up on the banner for everyone to see. It wasn't anything that looked to special, but classes to come would see them and know what the team that year accomplished so for the girls it was extremely special. It was their way of leaving their mark before graduating.

The day following the teams return from Oahu, Santana and Brittany spent nearly that entire day sleeping and resting at Brittany's house. They were welcomed home by Brittany's parents with a cute little banner that said Congratulations accompanied with balloons and the girls' favorite meal, lasagna.

Sometime around two in the afternoon, Santana's phone began to ring.

"Hello?" Santana said, not even bothering to check who it was. It had been raining all day which made for the perfect cuddle weather. Brittany was snuggled up against Santana's back, perfectly nestled in the comforter.

"San!" Rachel yelled. "We made the all-tournament team."

Santana shot up in the bed, her body filling with excitement. "Are you serious?!"

"Why would I lie to you about something like this? Dude!"

Brittany woke up now, propped up on her elbow looking at Santana with confusion. "Everything okay babe?"

"Yeah yeah, I'm sorry baby. I didn't mean to wake you." She gently ran her hand through Brittany's hair. "Lay back down. Everything's okay."

"Wait what the fuck? You guys are still sleeping?"

"Yeah dude, I don't know why you aren't. We've been wiped since this weekend. Thank God it's Sunday because we'd be tired if we had for go school."

"Okay well I just figured I'd tell you the good news. I'll let you guys rest more. Talk to you later San."

"Shoots."

Santana put her phone back down on the nightstand and snuggled up to Brittany. As her arms made their way around Brittany, she smiled.

"What was Rach saying?" Brittany said, eyes still closed. Her smile was growing, as Santana's embrace became stronger.

"Oh no nothing baby me and her made the all-tourney team for states that's all." Santana had become perfectly comfortable when Brittany immediately sat up and faced her. "What babe?"

"Are you serious?! Why are you so calm?"

"Oh babe, it isn't a big deal. All I really cared about winning and we did that. Getting on that all-tourney team is nothing. What team matters to me, is the BIIF all-league team. Guarantee you going be on there too baby." Brittany smiled, realizing that Santana had said all of this with her eyes closed. She layed back down and allowed Santana's arms to wrap around her once more. "Alright, alright. A hour or so more babe. That's it."

A slight tighten gave Brittany all the answer she needed and she allowed herself to fall asleep once more.

The next day at school, the girls were getting congratulated by teachers and other students.