Waipio Valley

Alright friends, here we are again! Thank you for all the reviews, keep them coming! They're one of my most favorite parts of the day!

As said, this chapter is a bit lengthy. But I hope you all enjoy!

Remember, reviews = happy writer :)

Love you all!

"Her... ex?"

"It's no big deal really, San dated her during, what? Sophomore year yeah Jen?"

Jen nodded, as she continued the conversation she was having with Kalei.

"Yeah, well they dated for about a year I think. She cheated on Santana, and she was so heartbroken over it." Rachel was getting out of the van now, followed by Brittany. "It took us a long time to help her get over it. That song was like, the theme song for the summer after sophomore year. She wouldn't quit playing it."

"Kehau! (Ke-how)" A Konawaena girl was calling Santana's ex over to their dugout.

"That's her name, Kehau." Brittany continued looking at the girl who was now running over to the rest of her team. She wondered how a person could hurt Santana the way she did. She knew that she would never do that to her, Santana is an amazing person and she would never want to see her hurt.

"What did she do? I mean, did she break up with Santana because of the distance?"

"Distance? No no, it was nothing like that. Or so Kehau claims. It was super dumb, something like she said that she would never see Santana even though she came out to Kona almost every weekend. She ended up leaving her for some girl that lived in Oahu, which meant that she was foreal not gonna see her cause they lived on different islands."

"That is really dumb, actually." Brittany placed her bag down on the bench in the dugout and walked over to where Santana was standing with Angel and Wehi. "Babe?"

"Yeah? Whatsup B?" Brittany leaned in and kissed her. Santana smiled halfway through the kiss. "What's that for?"

"Just to let you know that I love you."

The team got ready to warm up and made their way onto the field. Konawaena's field was similar to Pahoa's, just without the buildings. The field was open and there wasn't anything to stop it once it got past you. As the game was about to start, the sun came out from behind the clouds and shone down onto the field. Honoka'a was up to bat first. Rachel started the game off great with a liner that became a triple off of a Konawaena error. As Brittany stepped into the batters box, she surveyed the field to see who was playing where. She looked at the pitcher, who she realized was Santana's ex.

She wasn't the fastest, but her accuracy was on point. The first pitch was a slider, which put her ahead in the count 0-1. The second was a fastball on the outside corner, which were Brittany's favorite types of pitches. She swung and hit a hard grounder to the second baseman who just missed it. She made it on to first base safely, while bringing Rachel home.

Nalani stepped up to the plate and was very quickly behind in the count, 0-2. On the next strike she swung and hit a grounder that caused the second baseman to fumble and Brittany got by her safely, although Nalani was called out at first. Santana stepped up and looked super eager to hit. She never waved her bat around when she was about to hit but today she was. She was well aware that her ex was pitching, and so of course she had to hit. There was no way she was going to let Kehau strike her out.

The first pitch was a ball. Second was way too outside. Kehau was trying to make adjustments, but it wasn't working because on the third pitch she hit Santana on her side. Santana dropped her bat and hunched over in pain, trying to catch her breath. Brittany wanted to step off of second base to help her girlfriend but Coach Sue signaled for her to stay put. Rachel ran out of the dugout to check on Santana, with Coach Sue making her way from where was standing by third base.