States Pt. 2

The next day, the Waipahu game was going extremely well. Santana was 3 for 4, while Brittany was 1 for 4. She wasn't as lucky getting on base but her bunts were throwing the other team off which allowed runners to advance.

By the end of the 5th inning, the score was 13-2 and the girls had won in TKO fashion.

The team's spirits were at an all time high, not to mention their morale was peaking. It set them up to start the championship game in good spirits. But their hardest game was coming up, against one of the best teams on Oahu.

Radford was known for their cheerleading team, but this year's softball team was doing outstanding. The biggest upset of the tournament was Waimea (A school on Kauai, not the Big Island) beating Kamehameha Kapalama campus. Kamehameha was the number one seed in the tournament and were taken out by a team that was outer island. However, Radford shut them down in the semi-finals, advancing them to the Championship.

Brittany followed Santana and Rachel to the booth where all the athletic trainers were to make sure they got their ice before heading back to the hotel. Their game was the last of the day, so it was already early evening.

"No babe I promise, it's only a little sore. I'm still icing it aren't I?" Santana said as she got her ice bag wrapped on her shoulder by another school's athletic trainer. "Thank you." She told him before walking away.

"Okay I'm just making sure."

"I wouldn't do anything to screw up tomorrow for us, it's literally the biggest game any of us are going to play in." Rachel caught up to them. "Hey Rach, what- Have you called Q yet?"

"No I never, pretty soon I am." She replied. "My phone stay in my duffle that's why. Did you hear anything yet, Britt?"

Quinn's first game of their post-season tournament was today and it was already pretty late in Oklahoma so the game had to have been done.

"I didn't get anything from her either. Maybe she's waiting for you to call her."

The girls walked over to the team van's where Lani was waiting patiently in the driver's seat. Santana climbed into the passengers seat while Brittany and Rachel got in the back.

"Hey baby. Dad said good job today. He was able to watch the whole thing." She smiled at her daughter, knowing how much it hurt her that her dad wasn't able to make it to the tournament. "He wants you to call tomorrow morning before the championship game."

"Okay I will."

Once at the hotel, most of the team went down to the pool. Brittany wanted to get into the jacuzzi for a little while to relax her back. She walked down to with Kalei and Jen.

"Are you guys ready for tomorrow?"

"Fuck yeah, we are." Kalei replied. "Championship game my guy. I can't wait."

"When we win tomorrow and get that koa trophy? I'm gonna kiss it. It's gonna be the teams first championship in who knows how long. Have we ever won states before?"

Kalei stopped walking, looking up at the sky thinking. "I don't think so you know."

"Well maybe we'll make history then."

The group continued walking down to the pool. Kalei and Jen jumped in the pool first, while Brittany headed straight for the jacuzzi. She got in, slowly allowing her body to be engulfed by the hot water. It was nice. The night air was cool, which helped her be comfortable while she sat.

Brittany took a deep breath in, allowing her entire body to relax. She was really happy with how the game went today, regardless of her stats. All she wanted was to help her team win the championship. She knew how much it meant to them, and the obstacles they had to overcome to become the team they were today. If anyone deserved it- it was them.