Palehua

The next morning, Brittany woke up to Santana still dead asleep. She sat up and cracked her back. Everything was calm- everyone was sleeping.

She got up from the back of the truck, beads of sweat dripping from her temple. It was already 11:30. Brittany walked down to the shore and jumped in. The cold water felt nice. She dove under and just took it all in. When she came back up, she saw Santana getting off of the truck bed.

Brittany had the best weekend of her life. She experienced a bunch of new things in the span of three days. Her first beer, camping, diving, fresh water pond, and making out on the beach. She dipped her head into the water once more. The water cooled Brittany's face.

"Sooner." She turned around and saw Santana standing on the shower with a towel. "We gotta head back. I want us to grab lunch before I take you home."

"Okay." She stood up and walked back onto the beach. Santana wrapped her up in the towel and they walked back to the truck together. "How are you feeling?"

"Like shit. I don't know if I can drive. I was going to ask if you could."

"What? Me? Not Rachel?" Santana was putting her spear and diving gear in the back of her truck. "You just met me and I don't know where I'm going and I can't drive your truck Santana."

"Relax. Rachel is going back up the hill with her parents. And the rest of the girls can't drive my truck or I won't let them." She shut the tailgate and turned towards Brittany. "It's automatic, and I trust you. Please. Just until the Queen Shops. Once I get food in my system I'll drive."

"Okay. I guess." Everyone was already heading out. "You wanna get out of here now?"

"Yeah. I'm super hungry and I really want a burger and fries or something." Santana climbed into the passengers seat and buckled in. Brittany climbed up onto the side and leaned into the open window to kiss her. Santana smiled. "Get in the truck, babe."

Brittany climbed in and paused for a moment. "Are you sure about this?"

"I'm one hundred percent positive. You'll be fine okay." The truck was on now and Brittany shifted into reverse. "See? You're doing just fine. The Queen Shops are only a fifteen minute drive away. Don't be so stiff. Please relax okay? I'll be right here next to you the entire time. And if I'm not then you better pull over and get me." Brittany laughed. "There we go." Santana grabbed onto Brittany's hand. "You got this."

The drive over to the Queen Shops was Brittany telling Santana about how she was acting the night before. She apologized over and over about frightening her.

"You apologized last night, remember?"

"I do remember but I'm always going to apologize. I don't like acting that way in front of my friends."

"Just let it go. Please. It's alright I promise." Santana pointed to her left and Brittany flipped on the turn signal. "I like your truck. It's super smooth. Like something else of yours..."

Santana went to tickle Brittany but she slapped her hand away.

"Is this it?"

"Yes. Park over there. I don't want anyone parking near my truck."

They walked into the food court and went to the burger shop in the corner and both got something to eat. Their conversation was mostly about softball and how they were going to go to states. Santana had never been to states before so this year was her last shot and Brittany wanted to do everything she could to help her do just that.

"Oh damn it's already 3:50. I gotta get you home before mom doesn't let you come out anywhere with us anymore." Santana took their trays and got rid of the trash. "You look tired. Are you going to fall asleep on me in the truck?"