Worry

Santana was sitting in her car, waiting for Brittany to respond. It was weird, usually she would answer on the first ring but this time she had missed all three of her calls. Kehau was waiting in her car, but she didn't want to go over to her house without Brittany knowing. The minutes ticked by and she hadn't gotten a response from her. She had a decision to make. She got out of her truck, and walked over to Kehau's.

"Hey. Brittany didn't answer. Could I borrow your phone and try to call Rachel? Maybe their still together." Kehau passed her her phone. "Thanks, bubz."

Santana turned and dialed Rachel's number, mentally slapping herself in the face. She hadn't called her that all night, but she did catch when Kehau did. She told herself all night to not do it, but it slipped.

Rachel didn't pick up either, and that's when she knew she was at a crossroads. As much as she didn't want to drive back, she didn't want to stay at Kehau's either. She couldn't. She didn't trust it. Not that she didn't trust herself, but knowing that this was her ex girlfriend made it wrong in so many ways. She slowly walked back over to Kehau and handed her phone back.

"No answer?" She asked. Kehau was yawning now, and Santana felt bad. She didn't want to keep her waiting, especially since she had already made up her mind to not sleep over.

"No, she didn't answer. I can't do it though, Kehau. I can't sleep over. Please don't be mad or anything, I just don't want Brittany waking up in the morning to a text that say's 'hey baby I'm sleeping over Kehau's house I hope you don't mind'. I'm just gonna drive over to Britt's. She lives in Waimea." Kehau seemed disappointed, but she understood. She got out of her car to stand next to Santana.

"I understand. Don't worry. I just didn't want you driving that's all. You still have my number right?"

"I do." Santana looked down at her phone to check. "You want me to call when I get closer to Waikoloa?"

"Yeah. Just so that I can make sure you get to Brittany's safely. I don't need you falling asleep at the wheel."

The girls hugged and it was like, Santana was whole again. A hug from Kehau did it for her. She breathed in, then sighed. "I've missed you, Kehau."

"I've missed you too. If Britt let's, maybe we can be friends again? If she doesn't let, I'll understand."

They released from their hug and Santana began to walk back towards her truck. Before she got in, she sent a text to Brittany to let her know she was coming over. Once she got in, she got a text from Kehau.

Don't speed, and make sure you use your highlights.

She always wrote stuff like that before her long journey home.

Don't worry, I got u.

And with that, she began to drive home to Brittany.

----

Brittany woke up the next morning, groggy. Aside from waking up early after going to sleep late, her back was sore so she had taken her pain medication. She frantically checked her phone, hoping that she would have something from Santana. And she did. But when she looked around her room, she didn't see her girlfriend anywhere. She looked where she usually left her keys and saw that Santana's copy of the front door key was sitting on her nightstand.

She ran downstairs, and opened the front door to see that Santana was sleeping in her truck. She shook her head and started to laugh. She walked down the driveway and knocked on the window.

Shook, Santana woke up panicking. Her phone was on her lap, and with her sudden wake up it fell in down by her feet. She unlocked the truck and let her girlfriend open the door.

"Babe don't you fucking do that shit to me again." Brittany was hitting her arm.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry. I just needed some space, that's all. Can we go inside and talk?" She was looking around the floor for her phone.

"Yeah. Of course. I'll go back in, and start breakfast okay?" And with a kiss, Brittany turned around and walked back towards the house.

Once Santana found her phone, she unlocked it and saw that she was still on the phone with Kehau. She had been on the phone with her all night. Once she got to Waimea, all she did was recline her seat and go to sleep.

"I see you're finally awake." Kehau sounded like she was patiently waiting on the other line.

"Holy crap I didn't even realize that I was still on the phone with you."

"Britt doesn't know, does she? I don't want to start shit. I know I fell asleep before you got to Waimea maybe that's why you didn't hang up?"

"Yeah it probably is. But hey, while you're still on the line. I wanted to say thank you. For you know, last night." Santana looked up at the house as she got her stuff together to bring inside.

"You're welcome. Anytime okay? I'm just a text or call away."

They said their goodbyes and Santana hung up.

Once she walked inside, Brittany was standing there smiling, with a plate of food in her hand. "Breakfast is served, my baby."

"Britt, we need to talk."

-----

Shorter than usual, BUT it's really just a filler because next chapter is jam packed! With BIIFs coming up, it's gonna be a rollercoaster of crap lmao

Comments, reviews, criticism are ALL welcomed. If you have any ideas as well, things you wanna see in the story? PM me and we can talk about it! as always, thank you for all the reads and support :)