Uncle Ben's

Trigger Warning: Mentions of suicide

APOLOGIES SINCE I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN LITERAL YEARS. I'm so excited to be back, my new gf, sorry, fiance, is COMPLETELY SUPPORTIVE of my writing and it is so excited. She even reads them and stuff and OMG. :') i love her. hi babe I know you're reading this lol. Anyway, here's to me continuing this story. ENJOY!

------------

Before Santana realized where she was headed, she had already parked her truck. Her mom usually went on break around this time, and at this point she didn't know who else she could talk to.

Lani always knew the right things to stay when things were hard for Santana. Knowing that her husband was leaving for yet another deployment wasn't easy, but she had to stay strong. For herself and her daughter.

Santana parked where her mom usually went on break, and when she walked out San jumped out of her truck.

"San? What are you doing here?"

"Mom, I screwed up with Britt. I don't know what to do."

Lani tapped the bench next to her as she pulled her lighter out of her pocket. "What happened?"

"Well, I went to Kona last night after you guys went to the airport. Down to the harbor." She looked back at her truck. "Kehau found me and she hung out with me the entire night."

"And what happened?"

"Nothing. We just talked about dad's first deployment, and it just felt familiar. It was so much easier to talk to someone about it who understood what I went through the first time. What I feel now." Santana shrugged. "And I know that isn't a good excuse, but it's just the truth."

"Baby, look." Lani lightly tapped her cigarette so the ashes would fall. "I know it's easier for you to talk to Kehau about it. But what you need to remember is Brittany wants to understand. She wants to know how you feel. You just have to explain it to her."

"I know but-"

"Then what are you doing? Really ask yourself that. You love Brittany right? Then she deserves that much from you. Kehau had her chance and as much as I love that girl, she doesn't deserve you baby. Brittany does. She deserves that explanation. At the least."

"I know mom. And that's what I was trying to explain to her but it just all came out wrong. I was even gonna tell her about that night, with Kehau down at Uncle Ben's ranch."

"Then give her some time to cool off, San. That's what you need to do. There was a time that I thought your father was cheating on me. When he first got to the mainland and got to his first duty station. There was this female sergeant that started for like him a little bit. A little more than I thought was appropriate, you know? And all I needed was a little time to cool off and he called me back and before he said anything I apologized. Everyone has a little jealous bone in their body. Just give her some time." She put her hand on Santana's lap. "And telling her about Uncle's place is probably something she should know. And maybe she'll understand, but you can't use that as an excuse.

"I wasn't gonna use it as one, but I was gonna tell her anyway." Santana knew that her mom was right. But this wasn't going to be a easy fix. They had already had problems with Kehau before and this was just the topping on the cake. She loved Brittany, but she knew she was definitely in the wrong with this one. She spent the rest of her mom's break talking story with her, then got back in her truck and made her way back to Honoka'a.

----------

"Quinn, I just.."

"I know Britt. You love her, and you wanna believe her right?"