Recovery

I just wanna apologize for the wait. Here's a quick filler for what's to come. :) I'm going to start updating more often and hopefully I can finish this piece up this year.

———
With BIIFs coming up, the girls were in work mode. Every practice they pushed harder than the last. States were in full view and the motivation of the team was extra high. The amount of drive that was coming from the team as a whole was indescribable and Coach Sue was more than impressed.

After over using her shoulder, Santana decided to take it easy. She wanted to be 100 percent for the BIIF tourney because she didn't want to let the team down. There was no way they were gonna make it this far and she wouldn't be able to help.

Brittany had helped Santana through it all. Coach Sue had Santana off the field for a few days and it was killing her. But Santana knew that it was for a purpose and that in the end, it was for the best of the team.

The first for the BIIF tournament was going to be against Kohala, and the team felt like they had it in the bag.

Santana's recovery was going extremely well and finally, she was ready to get back on the field. She was extremely nervous though, she hadn't really thrown a ball.

The girls had just finished school and were all heading to the field. Santana and Brittany were already there, they had just gotten back from Waimea. The doctor's appointment Santana had was good, her doctor told her she is cleared to go back to practice.

The team started to warm up on the field now. Santana was still in the dugout, kind of hesitant. Yeah she had been throwing tennis balls and it was a different from a softball.

"Baby?" Brittany walked back to the gate leading into the dugout. "It's okay babe. You got this."

And with that, Santana slid her glove on her stepped out onto the field. In total, she was out of practice for almost two weeks. Because her injury was so fresh she was even more scared. It was a lot more than just her ankle this time. This was the whole reason she was catcher in the first place.

Rachel ran up to her and stopped her. "Hey you don't need to push yourself too hard okay?"

"Yeah I know. But I got it." They continued walking out to where there was a spot for them to warm up.

Rachel threw to Santana and she caught the ball. She went into her glove and held the ball in her hand. The ball felt good. No matter what time of year it was, Santana usually threw the ball at least twice a week.

"Cmon San. It's okay." Rachel was doing her best to encourage her.

Santana threw it back, and she felt a little pain run down her shoulder. But she didn't say anything. She didn't need anyone knowing that she was still sore, and that she probably needed to sit out a couple more days. She wanted back in, and she felt like this was the only way to do it.

"I'm good I'm good. Let's warm up."

—————

For the past couple of weeks, Brittany felt like her and Santana were getting a lot better. Their communication was way better now, and it was like it was a whole new relationship.

It was like Santana's shoulder was recovering and so was their relationship.

Brittany had been working with Santana almost every afternoon with elastic bands, tennis balls, everything the doctor had recommended to get her back on track.

Santana had gone more into depth about how she felt when her dad went on deployment but Brittany still felt like she was hiding something from her. She didn't feel like it was something big, but it was still something.