Pololu Valley

Winter break came out of nowere. It was now the last day of school, and Brittany couldn't contain her excitement, and found herself telling Santana how excited she was. Every. Single. Day. The brunette didn't mind at all, it was actually pretty cute.

"One more day. One more San and I'll get to see Quinn again." What she didn't know was that Quinn and Santana had worked out a plan to surprise Brittany and Rachel the night before she was supposedly coming to Hawai'i. Rachel still had no idea, so the girls took advantage of that. "Tonight we're having that dinner right? At Ken's?"

Ken's House of Pancakes was undoubtedly Brittany's favorite sit-in restaurant. Because it was in Hilo, she didn't get to go as much. So when Santana said that she wanted to go on the night that school was let out for winter break, she said yes without hesitation.

"Yes. You're riding with Rachel there though, cause I gotta pick my aunt up from the airport so I'll just meet you guys there keh?" Brittany nodded. "I will see you later okay? I have to help my mom run some errands. Her car is down again, I told her for just get one new car but she never listens to me."

They kissed once and Santana headed in the direction of the parking lot. Rachel was sitting down on the stairs, staring down at her phone. Brittany walked over to her and noticed that she was looking at a picture of Quinn. "You alright, Rach?"

Startled, she quickly clicked the home button. "Yeah, I'm good. Quinn's super busy today I guess, I mean she hasn't texted me since like this morning."

"I'm sure she's got her reasons. Senior year must be crazy up there. Especially since she's captain of the basketball team this year." Rachel nodded, but had the look of discontentment written all over her face. "You aren't doing anything wrong, Rachel. Trust me if something was wrong then she would've told me and she has said nothing but good things when it comes to you."

Brittany sat next to her and pulled out her phone. "She'll kill me for showing you this, but look." She scrolled down to show Rachel that all Quinn had been talking about for the past few weeks was her. There was a few mentions of basketball and their friends here and there, but majority of the conversation was Rachel.

"I just wish I could meet her, you know? That way I know that all of this, is real." Brittany smirked, knowing that her best friend was coming in tomorrow. But little did either of them know, the excitement was just beginning.

---------------

Around 4:00, Rachel and Brittany headed for Ken's. They talked about what they were going to eat that night and what they wanted to do after. Rachel had a nice car as well, a black 2005 Honda Civic Ex.

"Did you ever go to coconut island?" Brittany turned towards Rachel. "I'll take that look as a no. It's this little island just off of the shore in Hilo. It has this cute little bridge connecting to it. I was thinking we could go there tonight and have a couple beers."

"Sounds nice. How do you guys even get all the beer? I mean, it's not like you have fake ID's or anything, everyone basically knows you guys."

"My older cousin. My dad's are aware that I drink and we've talked about it. Like they don't have a problem with it, as long as I'm responsible and that makes them sound like horrible parents. But I mean, I'd prolly still do it even if they didn't approve." She was right, and Brittany knew it. "I already have some in the cooler in the back chillin' till we pau with dinner."

They reached Ken's around 4:50 and parked not to far from the front doors. Brittany sent Santana a text letting her know that they were going inside to get a table.

Alright babe. I'll be there soon. (:

The girls walked into the restaurant and approached the hostess. "Welcome to Ken's House of Pancakes. How many?"