Changes

It had been about a week since the scare on the phone with her dad, and finding out that her mom was pregnant. As if Santana's senior year couldn't get any busier and stressful.

But she was excited nonetheless. Being an only child was awesome, but seeing the girls on the team with siblings made her jealous sometimes. Most games, she wouldn't have anyone in the stands. Her mom tried to come out as much as possible but she understood that she had to work. 

Sessions with Holly were going extremely well. Santana had been throwing a tennis ball back and forth the last couple days to slowly regain her throwing to 100%. She was pushing, especially with States literally a week away.

Holly's tentative plan was to have Santana on the field tomorrow, and she was nervous. She absolutely did not want to injure herself, especially this close to the tournament. But Brittany made sure to tell her that everything would be okay. 

And Santana believed every word.

"How's your shoulder doing tonight, babe?" Brittany asked from in the kitchen. The girls were in Waimea tonight. "Did you need a ice pack?"

"No it's good tonight, thanks though." Santana was sitting on the couch in the living room, rubbing Tiger Balm on her shoulder. For her, it worked better than IcyHot did.

"I'm gonna go shower," Brittany said walking into the living room, heading towards the stairs.

"Okay. I'm gonna try finish this math, but it's kinda hard." She was running her hands through her hair when Santana felt gentle hands on her shoulders, followed with a kiss on the cheek. 

"If you still need help when I'm done, I'll help you okay. Don't get too worked up."

With that, Brittany headed up the stairs and into the bathroom.

Santana always enjoyed being at her girlfriends house, and especially conversations with Brittany's parents. Tonight in particular, there was something she wanted to talk to Brittany's mom about. She heard her walking into the kitchen, so she closed her textbook and walked in.

"Aunty, can I talk to you about something?" Brittany's mom was getting used to Santana calling her aunty. She smiled and nodded, and Santana took that as a yes. "Well, lately a lot of people have been asking me what I wanted to do after high school."

"And you've been looking at West Point."

Santana was surprised, being that she hadn't mentioned it to anyone but Holly.

"Brittany asked me what it was a couple weeks ago, she noticed it on your phone when you fell asleep."

"I wasn't sure if she saw it, I figured she didn't since she didn't say anything." Santana sat on the chair across from Brittany's mom.

"She wants to. But she also wants to wait until you bring it up because she knows that the Army is a really important thing to you because of your dad." 

"It is, but I mean-" Santana paused. "I just don't really know what to do. Especially now that my mom is pregnant, she's gonna need my help."

"San, here's my advice. You should do whatever makes you happy. Yes, your mom is pregnant, and having the extra help would be nice. And the good Lord knows that just having Brittany was a handful for me and her father." She chuckled. "And I know you probably want to follow in your father's footsteps to make him proud. But, if those things won't make you happy then it isn't worth doing."

Santana knew she was right. 

"Didn't you say that your mom was planning on moving up to the mainland with you dad after you graduate?"