CC Jons

AN: Honoka'a was my high school that I graduated from :) I'll try and do pronounceations for all the words I can, if you still want some kinda of clarification or anything feel free to message me :)

Also, there will be Pidgin in this chapter. Its like our slang in the islands.

Brittany walked into the classroom, more nervous than ever. She walked to the back corner of the class and took her seat next to the beautiful brunette. The classroom was set up with four rows with about four tables in each row. Brittany slun her backpack on the back of her chair and sat down. Santana was drinking a Arizona Green Tea and eating sour cream and onion pringles.

She caught Brittany staring and held out her pringles can. "You want some?" Her mouth was semi full. It was something that Brittany was never very fond of. She was always taught to not talk when her mouth was full. But on Santana, she found it a bit charming.

"No thanks, I had breakfast at home. Is that your breakfast?" Santana nodded as she put another chip into her mouth. She took a sip of her green tea and then stood up to throw away her trash. Brittany watched as Santana walked over to the door and put her trash in the metal waste basket. She stopped at the end of table to talk to the girl that was looking through pictures on her laptop. The bell rang once again and everyone took their seats. The teacher was giving her introduction to the class. Santana was balancing on the back legs of her chair, rocking back and forth as if it were a rocking chair. There were a few times that Brittany thought she was going to fall backwards but she never did. She tried not to stare, so she attempted to watch her in her peripheral vision.

"Alright your assignment is to get to your know your partner. The person to your right. Take your time, till the end of class preferably." Santana returned all four legs of her chair to the ground and turned towards Brittany. "You have fifty minutes so please use your time wisely and keep the noise level to a minimum. Take turns asking your partner questions about themselves. And since most of you already know who you're sitting next to I assume that you are just going to talk story about what you did this summer."

"Sweet! Now I get a chance to get to know Rachel's new friend." She held out her hand playfully, and Brittany took it in hers. "My names Santana Lopez."

"Brittany S. Pierce." She replied. They let go of each others hands and continued talking.

"So where are you from, Brittany?"

"I moved here from Oklahoma." Santana's eyes opened wide.

"That's super far. Damn. You're far from home, ah? You must have some mean culture shock right now. I know I did when I spent one summer in Arizona with my aunt and her four kids." Santana kept on talking. "I'm from here. Born and raised. Never been to the mainland other than the one summer I spent in Yuma."

"Arizona isn't that bad, I've been there maybe once or twice." Santana smiled. "Where do you live?"

"I actually live down the road that way," She pointed towards the back of the class. "About a five minute walk. It ain't that bad of a walk unless is starts to rain or something la'dat. How bout you?"

"I live in, uhm.. I'm sorry I'm probably gonna butcher this. Kaa... Kamew... Kamewel..."

"Kamuela. Weird name, I know. Just say Waimea (Why-May-Ah). That's what everyone calls it." A boy from the front of the classroom turned around and shouted four three.

"Four three?"

Santana laughed and told the boy to shut up and to turn around. "You're fuckin' stupid, Kai. Four three is the last two digits of Waimea's zip code. If you live Waimea, you rep 43. Honoka'a is 27. And Pa'auilo (Pa-weh-lo) is 76. But no one from there ever says 76."