THE WOVEN PIECE *

GENERAL POV CONT'D

The generals seized Luscious and cuffed his arms behind him, Devan came knocking on the shell whiles looking all smug up at him..

"I told you Luscious!, it's only on my side that , you'll find your freedom and life,by her side, you'll lose it all..but don't give up hope yet, I'm not gonna hurt any body,not now , because you still have less than a day to do some thinking about your stand..but in the dungeon!,take him away?!" He passed and climbed up the stairs to the throne ..

He walked his fingers on the inside and kept smiling to his fantasy having less than a day to become his reality... he attempted sitting in it, but lifted his eyes to see an arrow shot directly towards him, he ducked unto the ground and it embedded in the throne right where his heart level was..

Shooting his eyes to see the treasonous person,he saw Jemilla steadily looking at him without a word ...his heart sank before she walked out..

With all his might ,he forced the arrow out and stared at it for a while, he looked back at the direction she was and back at it again, he let out a breath he had no awareness of holding in his throat..

He walked out in search of Kimbling..

Lucious had already taking Joey out of the palace to the Southern Province,where his knights were keeping him safe until their escape from the Empire..

The night bolted as Devan stayed awake through out the night, early before the cock crowed , he got preparations being carried out..

Jemilla was to officiate his coronation but paced about unperturbed,  she looked up through the dawn and slyly lashed out at the creator,"aren't you being excessively cruel?, you're too biased with your favours and it's not cool at all!,. Please.. don't let a daughter relive a mother's plight!"

Devan had made a secret arrangement, to evade the Southern Province immediately after he is crowned to interrupt and put ascender any plans made by his brother..

In the afternoon, just about the same time Zherra was exorcized, Jemilla broke the spells and Pearl regained consciousness...,she noticed all decorations and how free Devan was , walking about..

Standing up almost immediately,she felt light and stumbled unto the ground,the past incident came bolting to her mind,she no more could see beyond as she used to..

She felt too human , limping on one foot, she walked out to her chambers and she wasn't allowed inside, she wandered what was happening,but who to ask?, ..

In a bid to walk back and question Devan, Matrona emerged from her hiding and took her away !..

Though she was back to human,her physical appearance didn't confirm that.."sorry I had to do that!, your life is in danger Pearl..!,Devan will soon be taking over and... sire Lucious and Thessa are locked up in the dungeon!" She revealed.

Before Pearl would utter a word, Jemilla appeared, she swayed her hand on their faces and they fell unconscious.... "Take them both to the throne room!" She commanded the knights she came with..

They both were bound in the middle of the throne room, distinguished guests, thus the Agyepong family acquaintances and other invitees including the media both within and out of the empire came to cover the event...

Lucious and Thessa were both brought to the event too, Kimbling only had her gaze on her daughter as she was situated on the right side of the throne ...  Lucious kept calling out to her ,whiles looking at the faces of the generals who have once fought side by side with him, Manchester ,Lancelot and the others...

Thessa was convinced they had been hypnotized by Jemilla, but Lucious was still finding it hard to come to terms with that truth...

Jemilla ward off the spell and Pearl's eyes flattered open , she lifted her eyes to see her mom seated near the throne, dolled up like a queen, . She understood what was happening when she remembered what Matrona said..

She got furious and forcefully yanked her arms breaking lose the chainsaw, Jemilla thought the piece of Zherra was active.., she felt relieved ...

Her pain wasn't healed as she limped her way to the throne, she took a knee in front of her mom who could only tear and not move a muscle or talk to her..

Pearl understood it all, she was boiling inside but had to hold it , Devan walked in
Whiles Jemilla came along in her long hoodie..

Without a warning, some of the generals rushed behind Matrona, Thessa and Lucious, the generals drew their swords and positioned them against their throats with their arms bound behind them..

"No!" Pearl yelled in shock, breathing heavily as she watched..  "don't break down yet step daughter!" Devan mocked whiles dressed like an emperor!..

"Let them go Devan!, your issues are with me, not them!,!" She spoke with tears on her eyeballs, she thought ,her confidence was being torn down .

He mocked her with his laughter!,..he climbed the stares, and looked slightly down to her face,."sorry little gold further,but that's not a candy I can easily hand over to you!, It's all over for you Pearl!,open your eyes one last time!"..

He cautioned and walked past her to sit on the throne,but she pitched a spell and had the throne hoisted up above their heads,..

Jemilla took off her hoodie, walked majestically towards her and whiles locking eyes with her, she only moved her fingers to reverse her spell..

Pearl knew she had lost the fight even before it would begin, but looking towards her loved ones, she thought of at least giving it a try..

Darting towards the guest who actually were filled with fear , she mumbled a spell which broke every glass and screen, including cameras and phones recording the event...

Jemilla loved the fact that she was still trying to fight back!,..." Give up now and peacefully adjudicate the throne Pearl!, it's the safest and best option left for you right now!".

Jemilla warned, Pearl looked over at her loved ones and to her mom who was overwhelmed with tears and silently seated like a pile of nothing..

"Tell him to release them all !..now Jemy!,I may have amounted to more when Zherra was a part of me ,but ... trust me I'm much more chaotic without her , don't be too quick to underestimate my capabilities !"..

Pearl cautioned as well which somersaulted her into laughter, Jemilla laughed to tears..."stop trying too hard Pearl,I wasn't born today, accept your defeat, save those that matters to you and banish your butt from the throne ...and this empire !" She yelled to her face ....

"Is that what you did to the people you were brought in power to protect during your reign huh?,aside the child you saved in your womb, no one else mattered including your own husband?, for me everyone in this empire matters,their freedom to live in peace matters more than my life if you must know!"

She also spat to her face which enraged the old woman, she grasped unto her throat and hoisted her ,this got everyone's heart sinking in fear , Jemilla slammed her to the ground as she yelped to it.. Lucious felt her pain..

"Stop trying to be a heroine !,step down without death and let me fix everything!, for once don't be stubborn!" Her irides lit up crimson as everyone began finding an escape..

Pearl gradually got back on her feet clinching onto her left ribs..she maintained an eye contact with her burning ones...

"How many times in your millennial age have you tried to create your own destiny?,are you resoluting to trying it now huh?,by putting my people in danger since your stupid plan did not work out with me? ",

She barked with rage as she breathe heavily, "this son of a monster what has he got for the people?, he's no better than his dad!,or may be you just want a puppet!" Jemilla slapped her across her face, Lucious struggled to free himself at that sight!..

"Stop running your mouth little brat!,stop ranting what you do not know and do the needful!,you think anyone can do anything to change their fate huh?, There's nothing you do on this planet that's changing anything,!" Jemilla vented .