FALLING EGO*

GENERAL POV

"what did you just say? that Pearl and Nathan are already bound, that means Aria is not the queen! what happens when he finds out about this? that he's slowly killing her? I know more than anyone, that he's grieving for what he has done! He never stopped loving her, and sincerely I believe her allegations, Aria has changed!" he said whereas Sandra revealed many happenings that he didn't know where done by Ariana.

when they arrived she stepped in to help her, seeing her again brought back memories of the vision she had, she wondered when that day would be, where she will have to hand over their destruction to her. The king left only at night to his chambers with sad eyes whiles Ariana waited for him in there, he met Sandra midway and inquired of her about Pearl, " what was wrong with her?",  "she experienced a shock, your highness! I guess it must have stemmed from your union, but she's stable now!"

He walked ahead while she took a bow , he entered his room looking unkept because he had loosen his cloak and waistband, " why didn't you tell me that was the situation, your highness? I had to hear it from a servant!" Ariana probed before looking at him.

" it wasn't your business Aria! I've settled it already, besides we weren't yet married anyway!" he calmly answered before she cast a spell showing through the dungeon where Pearl rested, " you call this settled huh? Look at the comfort you've given an imposter who tricked the king, isn't death what's appropriate for her huh? Unless you still love her!" she complained while he was surprised at what she's done, Pearl's revelation of her having black magic kept replaying in his head.

" yes Nathan! I am special too, just like her, I can wield a sword, and do sorcery too so .. keep me in that spot, you've married me appropriately, so .. love me please! We only belong to each other!" she advanced towards him, trying to seduce him for their consummation but he gently placed her on the bed and stared into her eyes for a while before walking away to the restroom.

He rinsed his face and stared at himself in the mirror, he reflected on all Pearl had said and wondered which one would manifest next, he inquired within himself whether he has made a mistake.

he went back in there to find her rearranging his room, they spent the night with her trying to get him to taste her blood, but he also didn't want to be rough with her so he kept trying to get her to relax, he talked about postponement with her and rushed to the throne room where he sat quietly in his throne till morning.

Early in the morning, he went with Lloyd to see Pearl, he asked to be excused and proceeded to the room where Pearl was resting, meanwhile Ariana was watching them after one of her servants, who she had made her spy in the palace, brought the information about the king's movement to her. 

Sandra quickly rushed there to see him, he stood tall with his left arm behind him, while looking down at Pearl's face, her revelation hit him again, before  she fluttered her eyes open, when her eyes fell on him, she only stared while his union flashed back in her memory, " I haven't yet punished you and you are already getting weak?" he communicated while she only stared,

 " regardless, give me any punishment and I'll make sure to carry it out, don't give me preferential treatment, your majesty, I'm not so weak!" she wrote down in the book provided beside her since her voice had been taken from her, she got him to make eye contact with her. Sandra then entered, " your majesty, pardon me, but I sense a strong black magic at play in the palace, a portal has been opened, I can only strike if you let me!" Sandra relayed , but Nathan refused to give her permission shocking them all, Ariana laughed .

He left to see her, " so what punishment do you plan on giving her for committing treason, aside death which is the right response?" Ariana probed but got a stare, " you know you don't have to do that Aria, I can leave her punishment to you, as long as you don't take her life, she seems ready for anything regardless!" he said, trying to get her to understand that he trusts her.

She laughed and immediately accepted the proposal, Ariana called a sitting to resolve that issue, the decree got to their end and Pearl felt bitter that he would let her do that,  that evening, they were dragged to the throne room where their fate would be decided, 

" Pearl! Pearl! Pearl! You are such a daring girl, you played me too, do you know that ? So instead of making this one sided, why don't we complete the fun, two can play right?" Pearl glared at her while she spoke. 

" so I wish to play around too, because of your childishness my husband had to suffer in the hands of the thunder god, and if I heard clearly, you claimed the blame on these two heads right, therefore with my grace I'd pardon this old man and your little minion, at least I know my husband , the king would have done that too!" she smirked knowing her intentions, " I don't need your grace, you daughter of a slut!" Gary said with spite, but she laughed again, she moved over and slapped him across the face.

Nathan only watched, " I planned thirty strikes, just thirty strikes, but watch out, your insolence can influence it greatly, I promise you that!" her motive got everyone in there astonished and, even Nathan furrowed his brows to that, Sandra looked towards him expecting him to do something already, Matrona couldn't keep her cool anymore and chose to vent regardless of the consequence.

 " the empress surely doesn't take her decisions alone, ma'am! I had a great hand in that plan so punish me too, if you are not doing this out of spite and envy, then you must include me in the punishment!" She boldly said whereas Pearl kept shaking her head with tears welling up her eyes, she wished she could say something, but no one presented her a book and a pen either.

Ariana looked at Matrona and laughed at her while she glared, " the empress? She's still an empress to you ! I pity you the most little girl, you are nothing, just a mere sand, and you want me to punish you? I promised my husband not to take a life otherwise, I would have coughed and you would vanish, but ...!" she grabbed Matrona's neck while Pearl struggled to free herself.

" dear husband, can you grant me a little favor? just a taste of this little human, !" while she spoke Pearl had broken the chain apart, she quickly came in between them, continuously shaking her head and protecting her from Ariana who found it funny!.

She cried  and Mat did too, but  Ariana laughed, " I'm waiting for you, your royal highness!" she said again, but this time, Pearl looked over at him, ran to him and fell on her knees in front of him, she cried rubbing her hands together, pleading with him, but Nathan showed great stoicism, despite his heart almost yielding to her pain.