TRACES OF HURT*

GENERAL POV

Pearl thought back to the discussion the rulers were having on the field and realized she was the one they were referring to.

Nathan entered their courtroom where they were having a chat with the newly coronated rulers. Wearing a devious smirk, he slapped the treaty on the conference desk whereas Dubey and Lloyd stood behind him.

" So there's a meeting going on huh? And the king of two kingdoms wasn't invited, may I know why?" Nathan proceeded to inquire before offering himself a seat, the chairman, Fabian, who is the king of South Akilis, calmly said,

" welcome Nathan!, We haven't began the meeting yet and a messenger was sent to your kingdom but returned upon seeing your chariot" he explained winning a scorn and disbelief from him.

" You know your ways don't you Fabian! Before anything else will be said, I heard Avghar died earlier this dawn!, " He rose to his feet and paced  after gathering the tension in the atmosphere.

" Avghar is the greatest sorceress in the world, the only  vampire with an emblem and mortality similar to phoenix, may I ask what happened to him, Fabian?" He faked a smile clenching onto the desk as they all watched him break into that strong desk, Fabian panicked at the sight.

"Sit Nathan! That's for me and my kingdom to worry about!" He began, " Avghar's death is a mystery we're all trying to understand! I lost my greatest sorcerer and you think I'm not worried huh ? Let's talk about why we gathered here !" His statement had Nathan fuming so he banged the desk with crimson irises.

" Fabian! I didn't come here for jokes you know,  Avghar was your sorcerer, he belongs to your kingdom which wasn't present on the battlefield, so tell me, how come his immortality was present with us ?"  He pointed out the black magic as they all looked on .

" You don't question the chairman with such little respect, Nathan!" One other ruler mentioned!,

"Since you don't want to come out , let me make it known then, since there was black magic involved illegally, I Nathan , king of Valloany, will not sign this treaty without a reasonable compensation!, That's why we are here right?" . Nathan stated emphatically.

To their dismay they had no way to challenge the hand he had raised , " you involved a human in a battle between vampires, are you trying to challenge the treaty your father signed with us to invade their universe huh?"  One ruler mentioned winning a chuckle from him.

" What capacity do you have to visualize that plan, tell me ?, My dad is dead and gone, all equipment and access needed to carry that out belongs to Valloany and, it will be my decision to grant access!, .. the human you saw is my woman , unless you want to die , stay away from her in every way!" Nathan warned.

" Now if you will excuse me , I have important issues to attend to, when you are ready to discuss my compensation, then you call a sitting again.!" He walked out with his generals and exited the premises.

The rulers were overwhelmed with anger seeing as what they wanted to avoid has knocked directly on their doors. They hatched a new plan , to merge the two kingdoms together with marriage between their rulers before they call the sitting again.

Fabian thought about the deal between him and Ariana, hoping she hurried with their plan before Nathan makes the human his wife.

On their way back Dubey thought Nathan was getting more upper hand ,and that will elevate him too hight one day which will  inturn make him irrelevant in the kingdom.

Pearl had left the palace to Gary's house , slipped into the mask and had a time with his son, she planned to visit quite often to spend time with him which pleased him to hear , Gary also detailed her on the tale titled Ariana on her command .

She departed to the palace after some hours, Nathan sat on the throne to welcome Ariana back and address some other issues. " You've successfully brought her into our world huh? Good I got over you sooner!" Ariana calmly said .

"Yes!, It's good you did! However, my compensation still stands, draft what you want to me and I'll grant it to you!" He assured before Lloyd was allowed entry into the throne room, he entered a little agitated.

" Pardon me your highness, but there's a few things I'd like to check with my sister, in your presence.. why are you now returning home, your school vacated a week ago and Barrack had been there to take care of you but, it appears you never set foot in the school, so where have you been all this while Aria?" Lloyd inquired sending a wave of panic through her.

Just then Sandra stood in front of the throne room, the king was informed of her arrival and  commanded she be allowed entry.

"Answer him Ariana! Where have you been?" Nathan solicited,  she took a knee and raised a seal belonging to South Akilis,

" for ages South Akilis has maintained their legacy of training the best warriors and swordmen, I .. I decided to quit school and be productive to our kingdom in a different way, I've been a pain to you brother and king Nathan ,and if I had opted to join ours, you wouldn't have agreed brother,  I just wanted to make up for it my own way, besides I keep failing at school!" Her responds got them speechless.

" Have a one on one talk with her will you, I'll deal with this later!" He dismissed them. Sandra took a knee, and placed a request saying, " your majesty, a scroll from South Akilis , all sorcerers in our realm are being summoned, to deliberate on Avghar's seat and the  apparent heir will be selected , I request the king grant me permission to attend this event!" .

Nathan took a while thinking about it, his silence got her raising her head to look him in the face, they both knew if she gets chosen, Sandra will have to pledge allegiance to South Akilis because their king is the Chairman.

" Don't get chosen Sandra!, You cannot get chosen!", In as much as she wished she could bring that throne to her generation, she also didn't want to pledge allegiance to a different king , so she agreed to his command and fell out of his presence.

Pearl walked about the museum , she wanted to enter and have a view of their artifacts, Ariana crept behind her and  ordered her steps to her side. " Curious of what might be in there huh?, Who let you here alone by the way?" She voiced .

" many will kill for your stance, little human, open yourself and enjoy it , I heard you were an empress ruling over  four times our kingdom, you're not new to it!" She continued and looked down at her face hoping she would get interactive but Pearl had her focus on the building.

" Are you introverted huh?, Or you got some news about me !, Very good then at least we're not strangers!" She ended!.

" I pity the lady I heard about, she's too hurt to let things slide that easily, she's pretty much a disaster waiting to burst, .!" Pearl enunciated and turned to face her, " she can fool all but not me , I felt she needed to hear this!" She ended when Aria looked on angrily. She watched Pearl walk away before panting with blood red irides.

She looked behind her and saw the servants following behind her. " Enjoy your moment while you can before I strike, little human." She stated.